I cleaned up the kitchen by emptying the dishwasher. Had lunch and then went off to my cousin's house to do some sewing together. I had an awesome time! We talked about different quilts, and she has a lot to teach me when it comes to mixing fabrics together. She is more "scrappy" than I am but her scraps are awesome!
I marked and started work on another eagle pattern.
This is a Jeannie Austin pattern. Jeannie has a lot of eagle patterns that are so pretty. I'm doing this one for QOV. I'll probably do another one to make into another quilt for myself. I gave Donna my quilt block of the other eagle so she can put it into a quilt.
I'm going to work on it some more tonight. I really do want to get the wings done. The lighter brown is for the body and part of the wings. I need to bate some leave on here. There are leaves and grapes. The "legs" of the eagle looked a little off, so I decided to go without them. It shouldn't be a big thing.
I worked on this block and finished it last night.
I am happy with this, but I just noticed in the photo that one of the pedals looks bigger than the rest. Oh, well. The embroidery was quick and easy. This gives me 7 or 8 blocks that are done.