Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Day with Mom and Hospital

Today I was up early, with a good night sleep. Love it when it's a good night sleep.

Mom didn't want to go to the hospital till about 11 am, so I drove over to Rose's house to pick up my pencil I left behind. I also helped her out with the 2 Fabric Applique pattern I was doing with her. Then I headed over to moms to pick her up.

We left about 10:30 this morning. Mom wanted to stop off at the World Market to pick up some tea. Got there, and found out she just wanted to shop. So, we spend some time in the store. I picked up some more tea. I'm a tea drinker who can't stand coffee. I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste. How did I get so lucky?! lol

We got to the hospital are 12:30 pm, ate lunch that we brought, and enjoyed the time with dad. Dad is looking great. He's getting around well. As we were going out the door at the hospital, mom thought about getting dad flowers.


I really like this display.


The smell is awesome! Got the whole hospital smelling good.


We came home and I found my threads waiting for me on the counter.


I worked on block #1 of the baskets. I ended up taking out the petal I appliqued in today. So, I really didn't get that much done. I played on the tablet while at the hospital.

On the way home, mom was telling me about her time at Seabeck Retreat. One of the classes was from one of the gals from Piece of Cake. She was teaching an applique class with the transparency overlay. It sounded like a lot of work. She said it worked, but it was a lot of work to get the end result. We do it a little easier, and it seems that a lot of them went back to doing their own way. Mom finished up her block that she was working on from the retreat. It didn't make sense to me (the pattern). The bird and flowers seemed off. Then again, I must have been looking at it wrong. I did like the flowers and "blossom." The bird is cute too, just wondered about the placements. She had a good time. They did the wool quilts too, and had a kit for a bag. Mom said she wasn't doing the bag, but would figure out what she was going to do with the piece later.

I'm looking forward to having my days back so I can work on my projects. I'm wondering if I'm going to start another quilt or not. I would like to get another block done with the baskets. Hopefully I can have block #1 done, and get moving on the others.

I need to figure out what I'm taking with me to the retreat in May. I think I have an idea, so will go downstairs and figure it out.....maybe....oh, yea, forgot! I have to do a block for the retreat....oh, crap, what am I going to do?!....a block......with floral fabric..ugh....better start thinking about that block and try to have it done by retreat time....Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...