Sunday, April 5, 2015

Out For The Count

Lets try this again - I just wrote my blog, and with a flick of the hand, my last sentence was the only thing left. UGH

I wasn't feeling well last night, so went to bed early. Patrick stayed up (and that is NOT normal in this house). I woke up in the middle of the night with a huge headache. I got up and took an Excedrin and went back to bed. Oh, what joy! Really didn't want to get up but did.  I had worked on maple rolls for breakfast. Put them in this morning and text'd Phil to come get some.


It was awesome, soft and fluffy!


I had to go ahead and have a piece. The rest is for Phil and Patrick. Phil took a couple home with him when he stopped in.

I decided to see what I needed to work on (like I said yesterday). Hard to believe I actually did what I was planning on doing...oh well, miracles do happen. I remembered I have two of my Baltimore Liberty blocks done, and marked a third. My trip downstairs brought the two blocks to my attention. I marked block #3, and didn't do anything about it. Three guesses what I did.....I pulled out the bocks and starting marking the block.


The red is the firecrackers. This block has a star in the middle. Now I can start working on the block again.


After basting the block, I went back to the Bounty Baskets to baste more blocks. I looked over the blocks to see what I wanted to work on. I found myself looking at the #4 block.


I did finish this block. I'm finding that I have all different baskets so far. At this rate, I may not need to use the basket fabric more than once. I do like the way this block came out. I actually started making this block with a different fabric (that I let Patrick pick out) and found it to be way too busy. According to Patrick, it was the closest to a poppy. I took out my stitches, and removed the fabric, then started over. I am happy with this change. Who knows, I may use the fabric on a different flower if it works, but doubt it. It's way to busy for these blocks.

My day has been working on laundry and picking up after myself. I need to go downstairs and clen up my quilt room tomorrow and will plan on doing that. I'll have to turn the fireplace on before I go down there. I have another mess on my counter. I also have a quilt down there that needs to be quilted on. More projects need to be worked on. I'm happy with the baskets right now, and will work on the Baltimore Liberty quilt.

Hopefully a couple days from now, I'll feel AWESOME, but for now, I'm in the middle of a cold. ugh.

Okay, it's time to call it good and think about what I'm going to do this week. In the mean time, be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...