Monday, April 27, 2015

Brazilian Embroidery Class

This morning started out fast. I arrived at the church early to see if I could help. We started the Brazilian embroidery class right at 9:30 with about 13 people there to learn. I even got to see a couple friends from the guild that I haven't seen in over 5 years. We sat together and had a great time.


This is the pattern we are working on. It's really pretty.


We worked on the stems and leaves. We need to work on them for the next couple weeks, and be ready for the next class. I'm really enjoying working on these. I do love embroidery and to have Brazilian embroidery is even more fun. I can see a lot of this being used in quilting. I will be working off and on, on this design.

Class was about 3 hours. I was surprised at how easy it seemed to be for me. Others, not so easy. I do things a little different from our instructor, but that's normal in everything crafty.

Came home and started out on laundry. I've been so busy lately that laundry just didn't seem to be top of my list. Today, it was! I got a lot done, but still have more to go. While I was doing laundry, I decided to get caught up on some of my shows. Then I noticed NCIS was on (one after the other) and watched the run.


Got the wing done last night and put the flower part on - just now realizing I put the wrong one on first. This is supposed to be second! lol - I seem to be good at that lately.


Donna noticed the noise yesterday. I didn't plan for it to work out, but it was perfect! The dots in the fabric just happen to be in the right spot when I appliqued this in. There were a lot of dots. Funny how it works perfectly for the noise.


I appliqued the top of the flag down. I basted the flag lower half and realized I should have done it the other way around. Good thing I realized that. I left the bottom of the red part open so I can tuck it in. Don't know why I wasn't paying attention yesterday to placements. I did the same on the rod. I had to take part of the wing out to tuck the rod in there. I'm still wondering if I will put the feet on. Jeannie's pattern has "goofy" looking legs. I may do one of them but I probably won't do both sides. Then again, I may not do either and let the bird look like it's hiding it's feet.

Patrick got a phone call about his mom. Not sounding good. I told him he may need to go see her. He's not sure if he will, cause he doesn't want her to think he things she's die-ing. I don't think she would. So, the house is in a somber mood right now. Hard to say what will be coming.

We start bowling tomorrow night - 9 pin no-tap. I love that because I get more 9 pins then 10 pins. (Don't strike much, but spare a lot)

Life is good, considering. Take each day and hope for the best. I have my crafts to keep me going. So, if all goes well, I'll still be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...