Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Enjoying My Day to Myself

Today I played cribbage and came home to cleaning. lol I got my laundry caught up! Haven't done that in a long time. Feels good.

I worked on my embroidery first.


I got this much done last night. 


I got this much done today. I need to work on the french knots. I have a few more stitches to do but ran out of thread. I'm trying to figure out how to get more threads, but the websites are a pain to go through figuring out what one needs. 


I went outside to take a few more photos of the flowers in the yard. 


We've got some great flowers growing. Really pretty yard going around. 


Even the grape vine is growing pretty good.


 I worked on my baskets as well. I added some of the leaves to the baskets. I had three more blocks ready for the leaves. I finished up two of the handles that I hadn't finished. 

I also worked on the eagle block as well. I have quiet a bit done on all three projects. I thought I took a photo of the eagle. 


This is from yesterday, but I added the tips of the wings (basting) and the tail. 

It's going pretty fast. I need to applique the flower down and then I can work on more of the leaves. 

We bowled tonight and got home early because we were bowling the "vacant" team. It went really fast and I bowled really good. 

Patrick is getting ready to go to MI to be with his mom. Prayers are going out to her (Judie Wiltzius). It's been hard on his family going through all this. I wish I could be there to help. 

Guess you can say, I'm boring lately. Not much exciting going on. Other than - getting text'd at 4 am telling us my nephew and his wife were at the hospital. The texts went all day long. With 10 people in the circle, it was going back and forth all day. She still hasn't delivered at this writing but she is close. thought they would send her home because she wasn't far along. Now she's at the stage were the water broke. They are 3 hrs ahead of us. So, I've turned my phone down so I won't be hearing it all night long. I love my family, but group chats are a pain! LOL

All's well and back to Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...