Monday, April 6, 2015

Staying Home...Even When I Don't Want To!

I had the worst night so far last night. My head hurt. I was hot and cold all night. Patrick probably didn't get much sleep with me tossing and turning. I just can't sleep when my noise is "plugged." Drives me nuts. I can handle a sore throat but can't deal with my noise not working right! lol

I slept in for a little bit, then I got up and relaxed watching TV. I watched the last of The Musketeers and Forever. I like Forever. I still need to go back and pull out the NCIS LA & the new one. After a morning of relaxing, I headed downstairs.



Thanks to my cousin, I have a bag full of scraps. These are awesome scraps! I started pulling them out of the bag and organizing them.



I decided to iron and put them in groups. This group is the strips. These strips will work great for a QOV quilt. I may do a strip quilt or even use the strips in a QOV quilt.



I also pulled out some smaller pieces and will use them on my Baltimore Liberty quilt. I love the strips and it will work great for the big firecrackers that I have in the blocks. I can do half the crackers with this strip and the other half can be the stripe I started with.



Another set of blocks that I can use for quilt blocks.



I had a lot of strips by the time I was done. This will work great. I may use some with the eagle block I'm appliqueing. Time will tell, I may take my strip basket with me to retreat. It should make sewing fun! Chances are I'm not going to do a lot of applique work, but I will be doing a lot of sewing.


After a little over an hour, this is how much more I have to do. I'm loving going through the bag! Here scraps are good size scraps! I'm ironing them and I'm thinking as I iron, what I can do with the fabrics. They are perfect for my Baltimore Liberty quilt. I'm in Heaven! 

I did pull out another basket block, and started appliqueing another basket on. While I was downstairs, I looked for "light" pink or yellow. I found a couple that may work, but I may have to check out a quilt shop for the light colors that look white with a tint of the color I'm looking for. Not looking forward to shopping, as I have plenty of fabrics. I did find pinks in my box. I actually pulled the fabrics out of my box and found more pinks then I thought I had. So, now I can work on the pink flowers in the baskets. I need to mark 7 more blocks for baskets and flowers. I'm happy with the how things are looking. 

I keep looking at the BL block and think I need to work on the pieces I have down, ready to applique. My mind goes from one project to another and back. Then it takes a turn and remembers something else I need to do....ugh. 

I just saw a kid on TV trying to save the elephants. First thing that comes to mind - parents put them up to it.....ugh. 

Back to projects. Try to go back downstairs and iron the last of the bag of scraps. Then figure out where I need to keep them or even what I will do with them. I like this basket set, because I can see me using up a LOT of scraps when it comes time to put them together. I've got ideas of what I can do to make the quilt bigger. I measured 69" on the queen size bed downstairs, and figured out I need to have it 80" or more. One of my patterns is 79" x 79" - what's with square quilts?! - and it should work okay. That is another quilt that has fabric but hasn't been started yet. I have two quilts like that. Or actually, two quilt patterns with the fabric - not started.

Okay, noise is driving me crazy again, so will wish everyone Happy Quilting. 

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...