Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quilt Group and Appointment Day!

Today I was up and running by 7 am. (Not really running - I can't run - if I could, I'd only make it a block). I met up with Ruth and went for our 2.8 mile walk. It felt good to walk. Again, running is not my thing - I was ALWAYS the one who made it half way around the ring, stopped and walked the rest of the way. Always last on that team, so I was always passed up when it came to picking running teammates! I always ran out of breath before I took 20 steps!

After walking I got ready for the meeting. I really didn't know what I would do, till I realized it didn't matter, it was in my bag. So, I went to the bank, then Safeway (got Patrick a coffee drink that was free!), took the drink to Patrick, then to the meeting. Got there to a full shop! I ran into Deanna N. whom I haven't seen in awhile. I do miss her! She's a lot of fun to quilt with! She was signing up for the "$5 Quilt Club" that starts next month.

We had a good meeting. I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked.

I bought the pattern right there! Then I had to buy some needles because I didn't have embroidery needles on me. The ones I bought were not the size I needed but it worked. I showed everyone my cross stitch. Next I need to wash it. I worked on the needle holder while at the meeting. I was happy about the way it was going. I was not that happy at the way I had to end it. It's been a LONG time since I did the buttonhole stitch around stuff. There is a way of doing it without showing the start and finish.....which - of course! - I forgot. So, there are knots but it's in the inside. I haven't decided what I'm going to decorate the side with. I also need to add the sleeve for the scissors.

I had to leave early to go to the folks. Mom called while I was at quilting asking if I was going to he doctors with dad. Told her I was and would be there around 12:30. His appointment was at 1:30 pm. I went over, taking my left over Arby's sandwich which I heated up before we went. Dad forgot where we were going so I had to show him where the office was. He'd been going there for over 2 years and didn't remember that office.

While the doctor was talking with dad, I worked on this. I was able to get it to about 2" from the beginning. I'm almost done with that part of it. Next will be deciding what I want on the outside of it. I will start working on the needle sizes and put that one the pages.

Came home and was home by 4 pm. I sat down and wanted to get my Lavender and Lace Co, cross stitch started. I am excited about working on it.

I ended up taking out almost as much as I put in!! I love the little tool I got when I went to Seminar this year! It has been a life saver when it comes to ripping stuff out!! As much as I put in, I took out.....Oh, well. I'll get it on track and then I'm going to have a lot of fun!

Patrick is off tomorrow, so who knows what we will be doing. I do know I won't be quilting like I was hoping...that poor quilt will get done yet!!

Happy Quilting!

BE Meeting And Cross Stitching

This morning was our BFF (BE meeting) day. I was all ready to go. Called Cherry to see if she was going. She was waiting on the guys that do...