Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Another Day of Non-Stop Going

This morning I was up early with Patrick. Didn't have to be up so early, just couldn't go back to sleep.

Went to help Cherrill with her socks. Then headed out to the bank with a stop at Ruth's before going. We chatted for a few minutes. Then after the bank, went to the post office to sent a Birthday card to one of the yahoo group members. After that, mom called as I was heading over. She wanted me to pick up some silver polish. I thought she said "clear" polish, so stopped at the dollar store and picked up some nail polish that was clear. By the time I got to the house, I found out I had the wrong stuff. So, she wanted to go shopping for it at the outlet mall. We went to the Kitchen shop. They didn't have the silver polish and they didn't have the stainless steel cleaner either. Mom did pick up a toaster and a few other things. I did get a couple towels that I can use for my bread baking. We went to Dawn's Delicatessen to reserve a place on Friday for the quilt group. I haven't told mom yet, but I'm not planning on attending. We then went to the Chinese restaurant and got some food for lunch. Because the house is being painted, there really wasn't any room to sit, but we did move a few things around to be able to sit and eat. They were painting the kitchen today. I was able to get their pet carrier.

Mom and I cut some of the pillowcases to make it into a quilt.

We have a ton of old pillow cases that my great grandmother and grandmother made. They were well aged. We cut off the bottom and will put those into a quilt. We folded up the other part of the pillow cases. I can use those later for my Brazilian embroidery - at least the good ones.

This was one of the table runners that was done. We kept these as they were.

This is another one too.

All of those were in a notebook that mom has of the samples of work my grandmother and great grandmother and great great grandmother did. Some are tatting, knitted, and crocheted. This is just a few of what they did.

After leaving mom and dads, I went to to the grocery store. By the time I got home, it was already 3 pm. I didn't get to do much at all.

Today was Patrick's Birthday, so I made hamburgers and home made fries. That's what he wanted. After supper we were off to bowling.

I bowled a 190, 121, 174. What a pain!! I had 4 splits in a row and didn't get any of them! I had a few more opens as well.....what a pain in the rear! I was not happy with that second game, but kept my cool. Didn't make a fool of myself.

Tomorrow morning I have to take Kitty to the Vet for shots. It's going to be interesting and hopefully I can get her in! I have to get her from the garage. I have to get myself and the carrier in the garage before she can get to the door....wish me luck!

Happy Stitching!!

Always Enjoy Being With Good Friends

Today was our BFF meeting day. Brazilian embroidery day. I had it here because Pat wasn't coming and she's the one that opens the ch...