Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dropping Off At the Fair

Today was a pretty good day. I really didn't want to go to the fair to drop off the embroidery, but I did. It was good to see a few friends. They were dropping a lot off. Kathleen asked me to volunteer to help out, and I told her no. I would help later if they needed computer help but other than that, wasn't interested. Guess the fair is going to make everyone enter their stuff online now. We were talking about that and saying there is a lot of people that enter who will not do the computer entries. They don't like the computer and they are not interested in doing anything on the computer. It will hurt the fair if they do.

I then went over to Michael's to get a floss I needed. While I was there I also bought some candy molds to do chocolate. Thought I would try it. I'm game for making chocolate.

The I sat and watched a few Hallmark shows while working on my cross stitch.


Last night I was able to get more done. I posted both photos on IG to show last night.


Funny how one photo looks tall and skinning and another look short and fat. This is where I got today, didn't really have as much time on it as I wanted. Did some laundry and then had to call and make an eye appointment. It was nice to get more stitches in. I always seem to hunt for one of my flosses. So, I'm going to have to figure out a good way of finding the floss I need. lol

Mom called to see how I was doing. We chatted for a little bit. Going over to check on dad after my quilt meeting tomorrow.

Then Ruth called. Her sister is in the Hospital and it doesn't look good. We talked about her house. Her kids made her cut the price of the house. Shame because she should just leave it where it was. Summer time houses doesn't sell. She should have had it up before May but she just wasn't ready then. We chatted for a good hour.

So, now I don't think anyone will be calling. I'm going to try to get some cross stitch in. Wish me luck. It's so hot that it's not easy to work on my projects. When my hands start to sweat, I'm ready to call it done.

Life is awesome, the world goes around with or without me. I'm making it a good life in the time I have. (No, not planning on leaving anytime soon). In life, I'm Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...