Monday, April 2, 2018

Without My New Computer

I had my new computer out on the table for Patrick to take to our computer guy to fix. I have the Window's 10 and it kept shutting down on me. It's a brand new computer, and it shut off on me more times then I care to say. I'd be in the middle of something and the next thing I know, it's starting over. UGH. So, I'm going through withdrawal, because my family tree program is on that computer as well as a few other things. (sniff, sniff) I'll be without it for a couple days. Which means I'm back on my older laptop.

I was up after Patrick left. Then my Uncle and Aunt got up about an hour later. They headed over to my mom's to be with her for a little bit before leaving to get on their flight to AZ.

I went about half an hour later to be there with them. My older brother and his wife were still there. They were leaving later tonight. Mom looked so said when we all sat down to eat breakfast. I know what she was thinking because I was thinking the same thing. My dad would have loved to have been doing the cooking and chatting with all of us. After breakfast I walked the dog and cried remember dad out walking with me and the dog sometimes. Emotions are still up and down. It's so hard!


This is one of 2 flower sets that were at dad's funeral.


This is the other one.


This one was from my in-laws. It was so pretty with the others.

I just had to take photos of the flowers that we received. Dad would have loved them, as he loved flowers.

My Uncle and Aunt left around noon, We all said goodbye and mom cried again. She says she's okay, and I still worry about her.

Mom decided she wanted to clean her quilt room. So, we took all her fabrics out of the cabinets and reorganized them. She ended up with a draw empty. I'm sure we will do more on Wednesday when I go back to see her. It's hard on me to go there. But I'm going to be as good about it as she is. I just hope we can get through the next 6 months, because I'm worried she won't be too far behind him.


She has enough fabric to keep her busy for years and years. We got a lot done. She's organized it with putting fabric together to put quilts together. We put them back in the cabinets and moved the books around so it was easier for her to get to.

My brother was going through my dad's clothes, shoes, and coats. He took a lot of the stuff with him. They were due to fly out again tomorrow morning but were leaving later this evening to stay at a motel. He even took dad's leather jacket, and I would have taken that. It was one I remember seeing him in all the time. But it's not like I need any of that. I have two shirts so I can wrap myself in them when I get lonely for him.

I took mom and the dog to the vets today as well. Mom asked me to go with her. She was worried about Daisy. Daisy has stomach aches last night and so we took her in to make sure she wasn't sick. After all the food she cleaned off the floors, she didn't feel well. Today she was fine. Got the green light from the doctors.

I dropped mom off at home and then came back home, I was about 5 mins before Patrick. Then had to fix supper.

After supper I needed a break, so I played on my tablet with my games. I'll try and get some stitching in tonight. I really need to work on Katt's quilt again. May do that instead. Not sure what I'm really in the mood for.


Here's a few more photo's of flowers.


Loved the blue!


We had so many flowers we couldn't figure where to put them. It was nice to get, but hard to keep them watered.


This one is a plant.


Flowers are awesome.

It's funny, I'm not quiet there with dad being gone, It feels like the time he was in Alaska for a year and we had to wait for him to call us. I know that's not the case, but it doesn't feel right. Hard to explain.

Okay, time for me to go find something to work on and get moving.

Have a great evening and I hope your busy being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...