Monday, May 21, 2018

Had A Good Day With Brazilian Embroidery!

Today was our BFF meeting day! It turned out pretty good. We all sat around, working on our stuff, and chatting. I started out working on the flowers in the handle.

I really didn't want to get up this morning. I pulled myself out of bed and got ready to go. Cherrill came and picked me up. She dropped me off at the car repair shop. I picked up the car and went on over to our meeting.


I finished the handle stems. Then I started on the flowers. (more information on the embroidery blog.)

Came home and enjoyed the quiet. I watched "Who Do You Think You Are?" and got a little emotional when they were talking with their father. I wish I had dad to talk to. I do like being able to see other's families trees.

Then I finally got up and stitched the label on the QOV quilt that is done. NOW I can say I have a finish!


It turned out pretty good.


This is the labels that we use when we finish the quilts and give them out.

I was given some cross stitch magazines from Sandy (2). So, I spent part of the afternoon going through them to see what I wanted to keep. I only kept 5 out of all of them. I was surprised, but at least I found a few patterns I really like. I wanted to take them to our Seminar to sell, but realized they were given to me, and it's better to give to someone else. So, I'm going to take it to "Reborn" for them to give out.

Sun's out and things are still moving. This week I'm going to start cleaning up my craft room downstairs. I need to get everything put away for when company comes. We will be on vacation and then I will be off to Seminar. I won't have time to clean it up after I get back. All because family will be coming afterwards.

So, tonight I'm going to work on cross stitching and see if I can get a little farther with this piece.

Have a great day! Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...