Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mom's Birthday! Happy 83rd Birthday!!

Today is my mother's 83rd Birthday!


She had a rough day today. I went over around 9:30 am and she was lost. We cried together and knew it was going to be hard. We also know that the next two weeks would be hard. We have Mother's day and my birthday coming up. So, we will be spending time together to get through this. 

We worked on a few quilt blocks. We decided to try the "Double Disappearing Hour Glass Layer Cake." We kept getting interrupted with mom's friends in the neighborhood dropping by to say Happy Birthday. So, we really didn't get as much done as we wanted to. 

We then met Patrick back at our house to go down to Longview for supper. We gave mom a good Birthday dinner. Then we went back to her house and had her Birthday Cake, that I brought over early today. We also gave mom so flowers that I hung outside. We didn't get to stay long at moms because Patrick's work was having trouble. So, he dropped me off at our street and I walked the rest of the way home. He's still there. Thinking what they are looking for is a major issue because it's 9:30 pm and he's still not home.


At least I have time to get more done on this! LOL 

Tomorrow is quilting at moms. Then we will go up to Tumwater and pick up my QOV quilt to get it bound and ready to go to the next meeting. I'll be taking it to Judy to take up at next months meeting, because we will be busy all next month. 

Life can be hard, but that's life. It's hard to loose someone you love, but we can be blessed we still have mom. Even though we hadn't gotten along over the years, it's time to enjoy the time I have with her now. We are getting closer, and that's a blessing. We can get through this, it's just going to take time. In the meantime, it's time to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...