Friday, November 2, 2018

A Day Of Going, Going, Gone

This morning I was off to moms. It was quilting with friends. They talked about what they would do when mom leaves to Las Vegas to be with my brother for a month. Mom wanted me to open her house for the meetings, but I told her I couldn't promise anything. It's time the group found somewhere else to go when moms not around. I had a good meeting day. I worked on getting another eagle for the QOV quilts.


I need to applique these together. I'll have that on my applique list to work on. Once the wings are together it will be easier to put them on the fabric to applique down.

Then it was time to go to Dian's and help with eBay. I'm happy to say we took photos and posted 5 of her bedspreads. They are also called Summer Coverlets. Dian's eBay listings. They are some pretty hand embroidered spreads.

After that, came home, had supper and then back out the door for the movies. We watched the show on QUEEN. It was one of my favorite groups in the 70's. I found the movie to be informative. I knew before I went that he was "gay," so I knew what to expect. Normally I would not go to a movie like that, but the history of the lead singer was more interesting to me then the stuff going on. I feel for him. He was so lost in life. Very, very talented. I'm thankful they didn't have a ton of "gay" stuff going on, but I will admit, I almost walked out. I wanted to see the history, so it actually turned out okay after it got moving. Loved the music.

Now the day is over.


This is what I started doing with the panels. I will need to figure out the outer border. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I need to cut the other two panels down and then I can add the inner borders. I need to figure out the size in the center to put a square in there.

It was a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...