Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Day Away

Today I spent the day with my neighbor at the casino in Yelm. I swear! I do not have the luck other people do when it comes to winning. I would love to have my grandmother(s) (both) luck! They won constantly. Today I did not. I did start winning when it was time to leave, but other than that, didn't happen. My neighbor came home with over $300. How he does it? Who knows. He must have his wife looking over his shoulder. I would love for both my grandmothers to look over my shoulder and give me some of that luck they had. Here's a "Lynn moment." I took $20 out of my "stash" (not very big!) this morning to take with me. I had it in my hand. I decided I wanted to get the dates of my father's family's birth year on my computer. I wrote down the numbers and looked for the $20 I just got out. Not there.....where did I put it?.....not in the kitchen....not in the computer room.....not on the floor.....what the heck?!?....after 10 minutes trying to figure out what I did with it, called it quits, got another $20, and went next door. Text Patrick and told him if he finds $20 in the house to let me know. Got to the casino, played for awhile, then went to get a Keno ticket, and there was the $20!!! I even looked before I left! All the time, it was in my wallet!

After taking him to the casino, we came the long way home. Then stopped at the grocery store so he could get his supper. He also had me stop and get a latte for him and a chai for me.

When I finally got home, I started working on the cross stitch for awhile. Decided I would give it one more day before getting back to quilting. I need to take out the purple flower. When I get to the point that I need to take something out, I really have to be in the mood. lol Not there yet. lol

I have been getting a lot done. I worked on this last night. This was where I stopped before heading off to bed. - Wouldn't you know it - I couldn't sleep last night, so I ended up getting up at 11 pm and reading till 1 am. I should have taken the flower off the block before I started reading. I did get some sleep last night, but keep waking up too much.

Had some help holding onto my threads. Charlie just has to be on my lap no matter what. Patrick tells me I need to kick her off. Guess I just love having her around, I can't do that. If she really gets in the way, then I move her till she decides to move away. It works. But I just loved this! She's a cutie at times.

By the time I was ready to write this, I had this much more done. It's coming along great. I love the way this is coming along. Who knows, I may decide to work on the basket blocks tonight. This is a project that needs to be done, so I can start another, so if I keep working off and on on this, it will help.

Finally, after three weeks or more, I asked Patrick what happened to the replacement bulb for my Ott-light. He was a sweetie and went looking. By the time I was done with my exercises for my back and shoulder, he had the bulb in and turned it on. Now I have enough light to work at night. Don't know why I didn't ask sooner. I had actually been looking for it for two days. Seems I've been absent minded more times then I would like to admit!

As each day goes by, I'm still trying to get more done, but I seem to be helping everyone else before I help myself. I need to learn to say, "no, can't do that." The older people in my life think they can throw pitty their way and I'll do what they would like. Actually that seems to work. Patrick thinks I should just tell everyone NO. Find excuses.....but I think of excuses as lies. I don't like telling lies. I'm working on it! I'll get there! In the meantime, Happy Quilting!

BE Meeting And Cross Stitching

This morning was our BFF (BE meeting) day. I was all ready to go. Called Cherry to see if she was going. She was waiting on the guys that do...