Monday, August 14, 2017

An Awesome Day With Brazilian Embroidery Friends

I was up and ready to go. Called Cherrill to see if she was going to the meeting today. She said she couldn't, she had a ton of things she had to do today. She's been having trouble with her rental house and getting that fixed before renters moved in. Now that they moved in, she has to contact them to fix the fireplace. I did go over and get her brace on her ankle. Poor lady has to wear compression socks and how has to put a brace on her right ankle.Guess she wasn't walking right and it was causing problems with her back.

After I left her, I headed to our meeting. It was funny. I arrived about 5 mins late, and there was already 4 members there. I'm usually the first one there after Pat. We talked about our class we are going to have with Virginia Chapman in October. We still need to decide what we are going to work on while she's here. It will cost $35 for the class. I let everyone know Rita is going to be selling the BE floss and some kits. I also told them I'm teaching a beginner class. I also told the others that they could teach the intermediate and advanced classes. It will be fun! We talked about having to find a place to have our meeting on the 11th, because the church is going to have the carpets cleaned or replaced. Everyone wanted to come here, and I was okay with that.


I finished the embroidery on the black and white bird. I need to do the wing for that one. When I cam back home, I did the wing of the brown bird. I had started work on the wing, and decided to finish it when I got home.


Now I'm working on the black and white wing. I realized I need to do the yellow and red on the tip of the wing. One can get the idea of where it covers. I'll work on this later. It will take some time. Then I can get started on the last bird! I'm getting it done!

After supper, I decided to get back to my cross stitch. I was thinking how funny it was that Bev was talking some of cross stitch fabrics. She was dishing some of the fabrics I use. I thought it was funny. She didn't want to hear what I had to say about the fabrics. I was okay with that. Actually used to people thinking I don't know anything about some of the crafts I do. Guess that's where this comes in handy. They can come to my blog and see I know a little more then they think I do.

Guess if I put more of my stuff in the fair, I wouldn't get that attitude, but truthfully, I really don't care. When I finish stuff then they are shocked. But I'm not that type of person. I love doing what I do, and I don't have to prove to anyone that I know what I'm doing. I love learning from others and that's good enough for me.


I finished up the left side but have more white to show too. This was a piece I thought I wouldn't like but since I changed the purples, I like the change. It's brighter and looks a lot better in my mind. I rarely change colors of what I'm doing but in this case, I really didn't want to work with the muddled up colors they had.

I posted a couple cross stitch pattern books on eBay. I need to get rid of them, and hate to throw them away. I really would rather give them away. Oh, well.

Today was another awesome day! I enjoyed spending it with good friends. I was invited to go to lunch at Denny's but turned it down. Told her I'd join her next time, and I believe I will! I love spending time with the gals down south. We have members that come from all over and the longest trip to our meetings is from Ocean Shores - a good hour and a half away. Where Ruth moved to. We had a good visit! It was worth it.

Having days like today make life worth it! Good friends, good fun - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...