Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hello Blog, I'm Here Today

After a few years, it gets hard to find a good title for my blogging. Yet, most people probably don't read it, so I really shouldn't worry about it.

Today started out without having to help Cherrill. I enjoyed the morning. Got my white clothes washed - hate doing whites! I even had them folded and ready to go!

I played my games. That is way too normal for me. I am a nut when it comes to games! I have my favorites. That was part of my problem with being on Facebook. I would chat with friends and play games as well. My whole day would be gone before I knew it. Today wasn't one of those days.

I pulled out my HAED piece and started to take it apart! I didn't like it, and I was getting too many mistakes on it. I'm thinking I'm going to do it on a different size fabric. 28 ct is good, but I'd rather do it 2x2 then 2x1.


One good thing - It's hard to take out!! I really did a good job of putting this in! I've only got about 50 stitches taken out. This may take a while to take out. I also realized the fabric isn't really big enough for the piece.

I did that for a little while and then went back to Ambrosia


I got the foot done. That's a good deal. I'm doing the skin in 1x1 so it's taking a little while to do. At times I can't see if I'm crossing them but it looks like I am. I'm hoping that will look good. I like the way it's coming out. Just need better glasses! lol


The good news is that the rock is done. I have some more water to work on and then it's all Ambrosia. There is a couple areas that I'll have to work on after I get to the right spot. I could continue with the diagonal but there is about 100 stitches that are not stitched that I have to work around.

This gal has a LOT of beads!! I have been trying to leave the spots open like it shows, but it get confusing at times. I'm doing pretty good though. The worst part for me has been around the foot. I had to take out 1x1 at least 3 times! That was a major pain in the rear! I'm working on it. I'll do the Kreinik floss one of these days. I want to get to another spot where it's called for before I put it in. Then I can keep it up as I go.

Cherrill and I went for a walk after supper. We walked a good mile and then some.

Life is good, we're all okay. Prayers are going to those in Texas! If I could be there to help, I would! Pulls at my heart strings!

In the meantime stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...