Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A Day Between Hospital and Mom's

This morning I was up right behind Patrick. I was out the door about 10 mins after Patrick. Got to the folks house and dad was loading up the van, ready to go. Mom was eating breakfast out the door. I dropped off my quilt box and brought my bag that had my needle case cover.

We arrived at the hospital for dad to get prepped for his knee replacement surgery. We were told we would have to wait about 45 mins before we could go in to see him. He would then be on his way to the operating table. We actually waited about an hour and a half. When we went in to see him, they were getting him ready to go to surgery. Guess they wanted to get a couple things done before they let us in.


While we waited on dad, I worked on my cover. I was able to get this much done. I'm thinking of using beads and the buttons that came with the cut out. I'm also thinking of adding some stuff around the corners. Not sure what yet. May do some beading off vines. Haven't decided.

We went to pick up some books from Felicia's husband. Then we went to the house and worked on the quilt we are doing. I ironed the eyes on the fabrics. I had them ready to work on while we wait for the doctor to come out. I had it all ready.

We went back after a couple hours and waited on the doctor. We waited about 45 mins before he came out. Said dad did great! It was easy and went very well.

Then we headed over to Baccata's for lunch. We had an avocado sandwich that was awesome! Then we went back to check on dad. He was out! He couldn't wake up. So, we went home and decided we'd go back later.


I forgot to take another photo of my owl eyes. I was able to get it put together. Came home and went back to see dad at 5:30 am. He was doing great! He was eating when we left.

I'll head back tomorrow before and after going to quilting tomorrow.  Then we have quilting on Friday as well. I don't think he'll come home till Friday but there is a chance he will come home tomorrow.

Things are good, life is good, and all is well. Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...