Sunday, July 9, 2017

An Enjoyable Sunday!

This morning we were up and out the door. We wanted to get to the spot were they sell Spooner's Raspberries, Blackberries and Strawberries. We bought the strawberries earlier - actually Patrick bought them while I was at Seminar. Today we picked up Raspberries and Blackberries. Patrick loves to make freezer jam. So, he was thrilled. We had to be there by 9:30 am when they came down from Olympia. There was a line so long that we figured they'd sell out by 10:00 am. They bring down a van full of berries. They sell out fast around here. When they come, we have to be there with in the first few days or we wouldn't get any.

So, we came home and he made his freezer jam!



Guess we have plenty of jam to last awhile! We'll be giving some of it away to family.


We stopped at Micheal's so I could get the rest of the floss I needed for this project. This is going to be the next one. I have the fabric in the frame already. I'm excited to start it, and may try and start it tomorrow.

While Patrick was working on the jam, I was out on the deck rolling the floss and watching Flosstube. I watched mostly Minnie Gray. She's a kick! I love watching her videos. She's not boring and has a lot of pretty things going.


Of course, while I was out there, we had lunch. I forgot I had a floss in my lap, that I was rolling onto the floss "holder." When I got up to take the dishes in the house, I dropped the floss!! So, this is where it went! Right between the beams. If there hadn't been a cross bar there, it would have been all the way through the deck! I wound it right away!


Our baskets are looks AWESOME!


While I was out there, Patrick yelled up and told me to check out the purple tiger-lilies! I couldn't believe it! These were the first ones I've seen! So cool!


I walked around the house to see what was growing. There are quite a few flowers looking great out there!

We invited mom and dad over for supper. We played a few games and then we had supper outside on the deck. While I was picking up the dishes, mom told me to look out in the yard.


Apparently she was there the whole time. After I took this video, about 5 mins, she then left. It was funny because we turned around to make a comment about her, she was gone. It was nice to see her resting in the yard. Patrick doesn't like it half the time because she goes after his flowers, but today she was eating the grass. The apples are coming soon, so she'll have some to munch on.


I did get some more work done on this cross stitch. It's coming along. I'm trying to work my way up from the bottom. I'm not too happy with this. I'll just keep going.

Life is good! Happy Stitching - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...