Monday, September 25, 2017

Found A Photo of The Past

This morning was a day to go to our Brazilian Embroidery meeting. I was enjoying the few minutes I had before going to pick Cherrill up and getting her socks on. When I arrived at her place, I put the socks on and we left for our meeting. I drove.

We arrived to 4 others already there. It was nice. Georgie came to see us as well. She's in the middle of moving and packing. They sold a lot of their furniture as well. She's not looking forward to buying new stuff. They didn't want to leave their place but because they are getting older they know they need to.

I worked on my bird.

I like the way it's coming along. I haven't done the eye yet, but will fill that in later. Each of the eyes have a bead, so I'll be putting them in as well. I'm working on the side wings of this. Then I'll work on the tail feathers. I'm happy with the way it looks. Patrick doesn't like the piece but likes my work. He thinks the bird feeder is a little off. 

Came home and go going on my laundry. I was so far behind and I really wanted to get it caught up. I need to clean out my refrigerator this week. It's looking pretty bad. But today I was doing laundry and picking up some of my mess. 

Patrick wasn't expected home till around 6 pm. So, I was watching the news and heard Steve Pool say she lived in Germany when he was growing up. I had to go down and check out my year books from Augsburg. I didn't find him but I did find a photo I haven't seen in YEARS.


I was having to model for a job. All of us in class had our photos taken of a job or activity that we wanted to do when we grew up. I had to act like I was painting. The book (upside down! lol) was supposed to be my pallet. I was a lot thinner then. That shirt was 3x's bigger than me. I remember how big it was on me - just hung. I had to roll the sleeves. I told Patrick I found this photo and he had to look really close to see if that really was me. Too funny. I believe I had my braces then too. I don't remember the pants, but I'm loving them! lol 

I didn't put any stitches in on anything else today. I'm going to try and work on my gal this evening. I did get the kit that I ordered for Dan's wedding. I have time to work on it, so I'm not going to start on it till about January. If I find a better one I'll probably change my mind. I did find a couple patterns on the web and ordered them. Then I went and ordered some more linen fabric from my fabric etsy shop. 

Life is good, and I need to get my exercises in. So, looking forward to enjoying a night watching TV and being quiet. 

Today is my parents 63rd wedding anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM AND DAD! MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE. 



Enjoying being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...