Sunday, September 24, 2017

Organizing and Bowling

This morning I was up before Patrick. No news there....

I played on my tablet for awhile. Wasn't sure if Patrick wanted to go to the movies today or not. So, waited till he got up to see what he had in mind. When he finally got up, we decided to pass on the movies, as it would be later in the afternoon and we wouldn't be able to come home, cook supper, and go to bowling.

I worked on getting laundry going. It's really behind. I did get 3 loads in, but have about that many more to do as well. I did wash the new towels that we got a Costco yesterday. I want to use them! For the price it was a really good deal. Patrick didn't like the color choices they had, but I did. We bought 2 green towels. Now I can get rid of 2 of the cream towels that are like paper!

While I was between washing clothes and watching the AWFUL game the Seahawks played - I worked on getting my floss box organized. I was putting that second box of floss I got, into my box. I was moving my floss bobbins from one side to the other. I couldn't believe how it worked out. Both boxes had numbers from 200 to 700! I was hoping for some 800's and 900's but that's fine. I have some of those downstairs in the draw where I have my over stock. I have a few of my bobbins that have 3 bobbins. I was working on getting down to one bobbin. I got a ton of them done. I moved half my bobbins to the second side. My bobbin box is big enough for 2 "shelves." I love how I can keep them all in that one box.


This is a bad photo, but you get the idea. This is the first "shelf" and if I flip it over there is another self. The middle area holds my gloss floss that I had to buy for my other cross stitch.......Oh! the Penguins that Kathy is supposed to be working on. Can't wait to see how she puts it together.


This gives a better idea. So, I ended up taking out my JCP and Anchor floss that was in here. This is now FULL of DMC floss. And the extra floss is in a draw downstairs where I can replace what is missing. I have the blue box that I emptied today. I'll use that for my next project that needs a lot of floss. I have another box that I need to put the back in the floss box, but I don't think there is enough room to add them right now. That was all the floss I needed for my HAED project. Since I decided to take it apart, I need to put the floss back in the box. May wait till I have to pull floss for the next project. LOL

I pulled out my hardanger and started to put a few stitches into it.


Mom showed me what I was doing wrong and made it make more sense with what I needed to do. Now I'll work on getting this done. I really like working on this piece. It bothered me that I couldn't get the corners right. Mom explained it to me, and I realized I was counting 5 stitches when it was actually 3 stitches. It made more sense when I figured out what I was thinking was wrong.

When watching the Seahawks, I was ticked!! I'm sorry, but I think the NFL needs to get out of politics and play the game! It was an insult to my family for not standing up to the FLAG! The flag represents those who fought for our rights! Yes, my family gave everyone the right to protest. But that doesn't give them the right to protest the American Anthem! My father was insulted, but as he said, "I fought for that right, so if they do, I can't complain." He can't but I can!! The NFL is paid to play a game, they are not paid to protest and bring politics into a game!! They need to get back to respecting this country and play the game and leave politics out of it!

Okay, off my soap box.

Went went bowling tonight. The good news is that I think Patrick is getting better. I actually beat all my team mates but we did win 3 games. Patrick lost the last game for us. lol  I bowled a 211, 178, 194. I felt a lot better. I actually went up 8 pins from last week. Considering I went down 4 pins last week. I'm happy again.

Life is good, things are getting better. Keep your eyes open and stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...