Monday, November 27, 2017

Yep, Another One Of Those Days.....

We all know how "those days" go. So, here we go! Started out ready to have breakfast before heading to Cherrill's.

Well, I forgot to take my drink, that I take every morning BEFORE breakfast. Didn't realize that till Cherrill called to tell me I didn't need to go over this morning. That was right after I took my bagel out of the toaster and STARTED to put the cheese on it. With my ear to the phone while Cherrill was asking about Thanksgiving and telling me about hers, I couldn't get the cheese on the HOT bagel. Then I realized I needed my hot drink, so made the drink and started drinking it while chatting with Cherrill. Of course I ran out of my blueberry cream cheese and had to deal with only half a bagel with it on it. Once she got off the phone, my bagel was cold but still crusty. Oh, well. I can deal with that, no to worry.

Then I got onto my game. Got the awards I did for the last week. Played a couple more. Then decided I better put a couple hours in on my genealogy. WELL, that seemed to be a bust! I was looking for Patrick's great grandfather in newspapers.com to find a TON of Patrick Coffey's. Out of all the Patrick Coffey's that I found, not one was worth squat! One went to prison for murder. Even tried to comment suicide in prison. One was a thief. Once was a drunkard who beat his wife, till the nephew came in and hit him in the head - which killed him. I was laughing at Patrick telling him that so far I haven't found a Patrick Coffey worth their salt. No, he wasn't named after him - we did ask that before his mom pasted away. So, I'm having one heck of a time finding this Patrick Coffey that he's related to. Then I worked on my side of the family. That didn't go anywhere either! I couldn't believe I couldn't find anyone I was looking for. I wanted to check on a newspaper clipping about the accident that happened in 1893/4 where one of my great grandmother's Aunt's lost her eye. I wanted to see if I could find out what happened. No such luck.

Now that got me to about 3 pm this afternoon. I did work on laundry - so I can't say my day was that bad. I pulled out the stuff for Katt's quilt and wanted to wait on Patrick to bring me some painters tape to use for quilting lines.

I did get about 30 stitches in on the cross stitch. Since Patrick was coming home late, I waited to start supper. We had decided yesterday to have waffles with bacon. So, I started the bacon, timing it just right. I mixed the batter for the waffles. Hooked up the waffle iron pan. It was going a good 15 mins before I needed to put the batter in. I wanted to be sure it would be ready when I put the batter in. So, as the bacon was about half way, I added the batter to the waffle machine.....waited......waited.....then just before Patrick would come in, I opened the machine......OH CRAP! It split in HALF! I forgot to spray it with oil!!! It stuck to the pan!! So, for 10 mins before Patrick got home, I was picking the cooked waffle off the grill!! It wasn't coming off!! The blueberries made it stick REAL GOOD! Unplugged and picked till Patrick came in the door. He laughed. Then said, "Can you use the batter for pancakes?" So, I ended up with pancakes and scrapped the waffles. I got a toothbrush and started cleaning it out of the waffle grill.What a PAIN! Oh, well, that's okay, the day can still get better......

Then it was time to shop on Amazon for gifts. No problem, I can do this! Heck, NO, I can't! I ended up ordering my siblings their gifts by deleting them from the list that comes to me. Then I had to go back and do them all by themselves. OH CRAP! I forgot to add the gift card! Now, I had to delete them all and start all over again. Well, that was easier then when I was trying to get them shipped to them on the same order!! That was a night mare. Even Patrick came over and finished the order for me. Then I ended up doing the gift orders that were being shipped to the siblings. Ended up placing orders, deleting orders, and doing it again!!! What a NIGHTMARE!!

Okay, deep breath. I can still quilt on Katt's quilt. That WAS my plan for tonight.....OH CRAP, it's 9:30 pm already!! I wasted 3 hours on that dang order!!!

Now I'm going to do my exercises, and call it a day......not a good day for me....but it's a day! Amazing how I can waste a day and in a blink of an eye the day is over! When will I learn?! NEVER!

OH! One good thing came today! My two kit's I ordered for my seasons - Sampler Cat's!

So, can I say I did anything today?! Nope, other than get an order ordered. Big whoop! No crafting, no quilting, no visiting, no walking. UGH.

So, that being my day, Life is still good, I'm still here. (laughing) I'm still wishing I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...