Friday, November 24, 2017

Decorating For The Holidays!

This morning I woke around 4 am. Katt hadn't left yet, but I knew she was about ready to leave. I decided to go back to sleep and let her go without my bothering her on the way out. We said our goodbye's last night. She's always put around 4 am, so this wasn't anything new for her. She was home by noon.

Patrick and I went through our Christmas "stuff" and pulled out a few things that we wanted to display. I wanted the big tree this year, but didn't want to have to rearrange the house to get it up. He brought it in and it didn't fit where I wanted it. So, he took that back out in the garage and brought the little white tree we've used the last couple years. We put the boxed houses out this year instead of the houses that light up. I was okay with that. We pulled a few big Santa's out and put them around the room. I think it's on the less side and Patrick thinks that's all we needed. I would like more, but I'll decorate the pictures on the wall to look like packages, and that might just do it. I'll look for some ribbons to put on the wrappings.

So, after all that, we sat and watched the first "Harry Potter" movie.


I worked on my cross stitch when I could. I got the knee done. Now I'm working up the elbow area, but first have about 50 stitches to put in first. It's getting closer to getting done. I can't wait to get this done now. I want to start on the Christmas one, and may do that yet. I also have the other "Sampler Cat" that is Autumn. I also have a couple that need to be finished. So, I need to think about what I'm going to do. I want to start Katt's quilt. I really need to get started on quilting that. I may pull that out this weekend and work on it as well.

While Katt was here, she asked about the quilt. I told her it was ready to be quilted, but that's about it. Haven't touched it since May. Guess I better get moving. I'll pull it out this weekend and work on it. I think I know what I'll do. She just wants straight lines on it. I will do that, and it will go quick. I doubt I'll have it done for her Birthday in March, but I can try. If I put an hour a day in, it should get done little by little.

In the meantime, staying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting. 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...