Friday, March 23, 2018

A Day To Relax And Try To Get Other Things Done

This morning I was up early. Mom called to say she was not going up to see dad. It's really hard for her to see him like that. I told her that sounded good and to try and get caught up on other things. I decided I would go up for a few minute to see him. I couldn't let what I saw yesterday be good enough to leave it one day.

About 9 am, I headed up to the hospital. Christine was already there. She let me have time with dad. I was able to talk to the nurse and then the doctor came over. She went over some of the stuff and said it was going good. Dad was looking around and didn't seem as confused as he was yesterday. Christine has been reading to him, and I think that helps. He still hasn't gotten his kidneys working yet. They will do dialysis tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then chances are he won't make it. I'm praying his kidneys start working very soon.

I left around 11:30 am. Before I left I was able to get 2 bags of coffee grounds. I also had a good heart to heart with Christine. She told me she is here for both of us. She's there to give us a break. We don't need to come up and see him, but if we do that's okay too. She knows what it's like and she went through all this with her daughter when she was born. She's "been there, done that." I was okay after leaving dad today.

I was home by 12:15 pm. I had lunch and got laundry going. It's gotten behind as well. Then I sat down and worked on my cross stitching. I watched more "Perry Mason" while I worked on my cross stitching.


This was where I started. Color is the right color but the blue is just a little darker. For some reason it won't photograph well.


This is where I finished when Patrick got home. I'm getting closer to finishing last months part, and hopefully can start on this months part really soon. If was going along great. I did have to take some of it out and put it back in. Not as much ripping out as I've done before. It's coming along great.


This is the cross stitch fabric that Lisa gave me. I paid her for it. Trouble is, I really don't know what I'll do with it. I'll figure something out. Who knows I might make something like a bag out of it. If I do, I can put some cross stitch on it and that would be something different. I'm not sure yet what or how I'm going to work with it. That's the challenge and I do like a challenge.

When Patrick got home, we went to McMenamin's (sp) for supper and a good movie. I love their fish and chips.

I have been working on my genealogy as well. I have a few things going on with newspapers.com as well. Amazing how newspapers have so much information!

Keep staying with me, and stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...