Monday, March 26, 2018

The Loss Of My Father - Myron Taylor

As hard as this is to type, I'm going to try.

Yesterday at midnight (one min past) my father passed away. This is a man that was very, very dear to me. I was his "little girl" and he was always there for me. My emotions are up and down, but I will get through this. He tried to tell me over the last year, that his time was short and that I needed to be prepared for his passing. I told him I knew that, but I didn't want to loose him.



My father serviced 26 years in the Air Force. He was Security Service. He worked for NSA - and when we grew up, no one knew what NASA was. Now it's well know. He was the first on the plane that went to Russia back in the 1950/1960's that a movie was made of. He wanted to see the movie to see how accurate it was. I don't think he saw it.


He grew up in Seattle. This is him with his brother Bill, who passed away about 10 years ago. Dad was the oldest of 5. He is proceeded by Uncle Bill, Aunt Doreen, and a brother, Glen who passed at the age of 2.

My scanner had scanned the whole page, so cropping didn't work well - hence the large gap. This is dad when he was promoted to Master Sargent. He retired as a Chief Master Sargent (CMSgt).


He was a really cute baby!



We joked around when I graduated from Centralia College in 2011. He was so proud that I finally went back to school. We had a great time! He was my rock and was very encouraging.



Katt was working with him on how to take a "selfie" and he had fun learning how to use a phone camera. 


He was playing around with Katt at Jason's wedding back in 2010. 


He loved his coffee. He drank a lot over the years. 

This is my Rock, and now he's gone. It's so hard to believe he's gone. There is a big "void" in my heart. Things are so final. 

He was the one that told me, if I didn't like making quilts, then I shouldn't do them because mom does. I needed to do what I loved to do, and not do something just to make someone else happy. Do what I love to do and don't worry about what others say or think. So, I changed back to my cross stitch and embroidery. with it, but found out he is being cremated so the quilt will not go with him. Don't know what mom will do with it. 

I'm hoping to feel well enough to do my crafts. I'm feeling like I can't calm down. Maybe cross stitch will calm me down. 

DAD - I love you and I miss you very much! 

Stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting. 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...