Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Good Day With Quilt Friends

Today was a really good day with quilt friends.

Mom wanted to go with me today, so I stopped and picked her up. We went to DQ to get the $5 meal deal for lunch - didn't realize our potluck was today! Anyway, we arrived at the quilt shop to find 10 of us in the meeting. We had a really good time. Chatted with everyone, missed not seeing them.


I worked on my Baltimore Liberty quilt block. I actually got three leaves done. I also picked up some Seahawk fabrics. It was a really good day.


The quilt block we worked on is now in a quilt. Mine is the top left hand corner. We talked about what we wanted to do with the quilt. We decided we would like to donate it to the Veterans Museum, and we needed to check on that. I dropped mom off and went to the museum and talked with the director to see if he wanted it. He said "YES" and so I told him the only thing was, it was going to the fair before they could get it. I would bring it after the fair is over. We talked about what they could do with it. I believe it's going to be raffled. 

Came home and pulled out another of my WIP's - or UFO in the case. 


It's been 10 years since I touched this and now I know why! I found a few mistakes - color wise - but I can live with it. I did have to take out one area though, because I couldn't find anything to fix it with to look right. 


So, I'm re-doing the gal. (Just noticed the other photo is sideways - sorry about that. Too late to worry about it right now. lol 

I was able to get a lot done on this and will work more on it tomorrow. Thinking I may pass on going to moms. I haven't had a day off all week. I need a break. 

So, I'm looking forward to having the day to work on my craft! It will be all of day Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...