Monday, February 4, 2019

Working On QOV Quilts

This morning Sherry called. We chatted for a little bit about Pat Campbell. She's the one that had the Stroke on Thursday. I still haven't heard how she is doing or what actually happened. I then went over to have some tea with her and we chatted. We had a good hour visit. Then I came home.

I needed to get moving on the QOV quilts. I had one that needed the label and then washing. The other needed the binding finished with a label, then washing.

Oh, let me get back to when I got up this morning. Sophie and I were on the bed when Sherry called. After I got off the phone I wanted to make the bed. Sophie was on the edge and in the flap area. So, Lynn being Lynn, thought it would be fun to see what happened when I pulled the bedding out from under her. NOT smart! She fell off the bed - claws drawn - hitting the back of my leg and scratching me all the way from the back of my knee and down the calf. I screamed and scared Sophie - who stayed close to me to see what the matter was. I went to the bathroom to try and stop the bleeding. I took my shower and then put antiseptic on it. Trouble was I really couldn't see it or know how far it went down the leg.....but I sure can feel it. Took a photo and sent it to Patrick with the words "Ouch." He asked if I pissed the cat off and I told him no. Truth is, it was my own fault. So, Sophie has been very close to me all day. Think she felt bad about what happened.

Okay, now back to the day. I got the label on while watching "The Good Witch" on Netflix. I got our quilt washed first, then put the quilt I finished with the label in the wash. Then I pulled out the quilt that needed about 24" of binding. I finished that and then by the time Patrick got home I was sewing the label on. Now it's in the dryer. I will try and get photos tomorrow of both the quilts. I think I already have a photo of the other quilt, but I may just get all three taken tomorrow. Then they will be given out on Wednesday.


Right now two of the quilts is in my bag. I may be able to get all three in there after we take photos. The good news is that the pillow cases are done. So, now I can get back to Katt's quilt and try and get it done by the end of the month.

As much as I want to get moving on beading and cross stitching - I really seriously need to finish this quilt! She will be here next month and it needs to be done!

My day was quiet and good. I have my pain on my leg - but at least I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...