Thursday, February 21, 2019

Away From Home Today

This morning I needed to get up and moving. I was to meet mom at her place today at 10 am.

I left to get to Walmart for pictures for our QOV scrapbook. I thought I was early enough, but oh NO! There was a young couple taking up both of the machines that do "prints now." So, I waited. They knew I was there, but they were fussing with their phones trying to figure out why it wasn't working. Then after 20 mins the husband left, giving his wife a kiss and thanked her for doing the pictures. She then hooked her phone up to the machine. I went to the machine he was on. Did it work - heck NO! I couldn't get it to work. So I was back to waiting on the wife.....and waiting. She must of had over 200 photos in her phone and was taking her dear sweat time picking her photos. A half hour later she's still on the machine. I went to the 1-hour area and asked if my photos will be printed quickly because I was already behind.....she said, "Probably, there isn't anything being printed right now." Okay, I went to the 1-hour machine to get the photos I needed - a total of 14 - and the gal was STILL picking photos. I printed my receipt and went into the 1-hour area......They were printing a LARGE photo. I showed her my ticket and was told, "It will be about 15 mins." Oh, HE.... NO! I told her I would come back later in the day to get them since I'm in a hurry......after 45 mins of waiting I wasn't about to wait another 15 mins.

Arrived at moms and walked to the Gathering Place to meet up with her. I had her leave her quilt group so we could get moving up to Olympia. She had a couple cards of Starbucks money and wanted to get some tea. We stopped off at Starbucks and I got us some tea off her card. I was going to manage her account but the one card was emptied on that trip. Called Sharon and told her we were on our way.

Arrived at Sharon's around 11:45 am. Dropped off the quilt top, batting and backing. Told them to call me when it's done and I'll pick it up. I want to have another quilt to take up there when I go. We will also make a trip to Shipwrecked beads for the beads that I need to finish the cat ornament. Sharon had the second cat almost done. She's about half a piece farther than I am. Bill wanted to show mom a few things and Sharon and I talked beads.

We then headed over to Costco - because that was what mom wanted to do. We spent a good hour and a half at Costco. Mom got all the stuff she needed except for the doggie bags. For the first time since I've been going to Costco, they didn't have any.

Arrived back at mom's. I have a letter that I need to mail tomorrow for her. I didn't do it on the way home because I had to go back to Walmart and get my photos.

Got home and started looking for my book on QOV stuff. I wanted to update my "diary" of QOV quilting. Took 10 mins but I finally found it. Mom gave me all the fabrics that she bought at Ruby Street's Quilt Works shop on Monday. It's for QOV. So, I took all that downstairs and put it with the piles of fabric I already have. I will spend tomorrow afternoon and this weekend working on QOV tops. I will try and get a couple more kits done. Then I need to get a list of what is in the kits so I can give them out to be worked on.

My sheet protectors arrived today, so I put my Snowman's Best Friends packet in the protectors. That was 160 pages of putting 2 to a protector. Now I have them all ready. I'm finding out it's going to cost me about $300 to do this piece. I may buy a little at a time. I have them all listed with Fire Mountain, but they don't have all the colors. I will probably do what they have and wait awhile before I order the rest. The rest is going to cost me about $100. UGH But it's worth it to me.

I did miss out on doing my beading or cross stitch. But I'm hoping to do that now. I didn't have much luck today the way it started out. I'm not a patient person. Apparently I was more patient then I thought I could be....I HATE waiting. I really wanted those photos. I'm more ticked that it cost me more going through 1-hour.

I took some slides that were from the Seattle Worlds Fair to be put on DVD. They cost $20 a piece. Patrick wasn't happy with me as I did 2 of them. I told him I wanted to get them done and would throw out the slides. He didn't like the idea that they were just of the Fair. Oh, well. I wanted to see them.

Not my best day but I can deal with it. I'm going to get to my cross stitching so I can be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...