Thursday, March 7, 2019

The Joys Of A Cold

Okay, I know I haven't be post much the last few days. Mostly because I seem to have been hit with the flu around the first of February. Had a small break and then last Saturday the coughing started up....and got worse. I took NiteQul (sp) for 2 nights. The coughing got even worse. I went on the couch one night so Patrick could sleep....and I slept during the day because the coughing was coming every hour or 2 hours. Then I decided to go to MucinexDM to see if that could help. NOW I wish I had done that first! I'm getting tired of being sick.

This from a person who gets sick and gets a good 2 years off of getting sick again. What the crap?! I didn't get through the flu to end up getting a cold 2 weeks later.

So, the joys of having a cold would be when I cough and Sophie runs for the hills. Chest colds are my usual colds. So, I bark the house down with my coughing. Sophie comes around when I get quiet. But wouldn't you know it, the minute she's comfortable I start coughing and she's gone.

I've been working on my beading - when I feel up to it. Most of the time it's napping or sleeping. Then waking up coughing some more. My chest is wheezing when I lay on my side. That keeps me up and irritated because I can't sleep. I keep moving around till I can get the wheezing to stop....till it wakes me up.

Yesterday was a day I would have gone to urgent care if it was close. Now that my daughter isn't here, I have to go to Olympia for medical. Which means urgent care is up in Olympia as well. I was feeling awful but wasn't feeling good enough to do the drive up there. Let alone Patrick not being able to take me. I thought I would go today but amazing as it is I was feeling a lot better by 1 am this morning.

Then today my order from Fire Mountain came and I went through the beads getting them divided up. Then I decided to send back some beads for an exchange. Going through all that took me all afternoon. It would have been nicer if someone was here to help me. Now I just need to get my beads marked and put in the box I decided to keep the beads in. I just need to work on keeping them in the number order.

I did start the 3rd cat today. I'm about half done. The weird part is that I was so wound up today that I even changed the bed. Then I was moving around the house like I was the energizer bunny - who can't breath half the time! Go figure.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I'm hoping to be Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...