Wednesday, April 17, 2019

A Busy Day Sewing

This morning after Sherry and I walked (over a mile), I went downstairs to do some sewing.

Yep, you heard me right, I went downstairs and started sewing. I got the stars done. I had some extra pieces to make another block in both blue and red. I haven't decided what I will do with those.


After all that sewing today, I had to do half square triangles. I did a 9" square of both colors and then trimmed them down to size. It worked out great. I then cut the Coast Guard fabric. I have 21 squares of Coast Guard fabric. I need to cut the squares for the blue and red (those missing).


This is a modified design that I had a pattern for. If one looks at the two different quilts designs, (same quilt top), I changed the stars going down the middle. I'm going with the second picture. I'm going to think about what I'm going to do for the borders. I want to use the Coast Guard fabric, but Patrick thinks that would make it too busy. I will work on it. I need to sew this together to see how much more I need to do for the borders. I will move some of the ship blocks down and bring the truck blocks up a little. So, this is a work in progress.

Ethel called to say she had finished the binding on one of the quilts. Told her I'd stop by and pick it up. Plus I had a quilt that I thought Theresa forgot about that she could do. When I got to Ethel's she told me she couldn't do the quilt because it was too dark. She has a hard time with dark fabrics and doesn't feel she could do it justice. I told her it was okay and I'd give Theresa a call. She can do the dark bindings. I called Theresa while at the bowling alley. She called back and left a message saying they stopped by the house but we were gone - never fails. I'll call her again tomorrow.

We stopped at Ethel on the way to bowling. So, as much as I would like to say we did good....that didn't happen. Our bowling partners left in the middle of bowling. Dennis left before the first game was over, then Fred got a message from Dennis that she needed help, so he left after the 2nd game. Their house was giving birth and the birth was a month over due. The neighbor called to say the feet were out. I'm wondering if the colt was twist the wrong way. I just hope she doesn't loose either one of them. So, after they left, Patrick and I won the last 2 games. We lost the first 2. I bowled really bad. Not up to my usual and I'm betting I lost a pin or 2 in my average. Patrick bowled worse then I did - it just wasn't his night. He was ticked the first 2 games. Then the 3rd game he finally came out of it and beat me. I got him in series. Go figure!

It was a busy day of sewing. I can't really same I was happy sewing. I just needed to do it. I won't have it done to take up to Olympia tomorrow. At least it was a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...