Saturday, April 13, 2019

Spent The Day In Hazel Dell

This morning I was up and in the shower by 5:30 am. I had to be up early so I could take my thyroid pills and wait a half hour before eating. I was out the door by 6:20 am to meet Kim. I parked my car and she picked me up at the park and ride.

We met up with Kay in Castle Rock about 7 am. Then we headed to Longview to pick up Clara. We waited for her about 5 mins, and were back on the road to Hazel Dell by 7:30 am. We arrived in Hazel Dell about 8:30 am.

We weren't scheduled to bowl till 9:30 am, so we chatted in the car for awhile. Then we went in a checked to see where we were bowling. I got a couple pens. Then we signed up for the drawing. Paid $5 for each part we signed up. I got in 2 rankings with Handicap - decided I would get the scratch. Both Kim and I were at a loss.

Then it was time to bowl. We bowled on lanes 5 & 6.  I really did badly!! I bowled a 121, 159, 159. Not my best at all!! Kim did a little better than I did. She actually got 154, 190, 190. Funny how we both tied our second and third games. After we were done, we went to see the ranking on the chart. I couldn't believe we actually won! I won $20 and Kim won $40. We beat the ones the put us in with. I couldn't help but laugh over that!

After bowling we went to Red Robin to eat lunch. We had 6 of us. Kay's daughter came along. We were there about 2 hours. I wanted a burger so bad!! But I behaved and had their salad. It had blue cheese and I asked that they didn't put that on the salad. It was awesome! I was soooo glad they didn't put the blue cheese on it!!

We headed back home and I got back home at 4 pm. It was a long day. Now we have bowling (travel league) tomorrow. Then it's league night tomorrow as well. It's going to be another long day.

I was able to get my cross stitching out.


I took out the stitching that I put in on the left bottom and side. I had the wrong color in there. I'm sure no one would notice but I think it would be a mess on the ribbon that goes around it. I would be one of those people that look at it and ask, "what were they thinking?" or "why did they do that?" I found another area I did the wrong color but it works for this so will keep it.

Now I'm tired and hoping I can bowl better tomorrow. At least I was able to get some stitches in. That makes life - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...