Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Getting A Lot Done Lately

This morning I was up and ready to go. I ended up waiting a while before I was due to meet Sherry to walk. It worked out great. We went walking and afterwards I decided to work on the quilt tops.

I headed downstairs to work on another quilt top.


I am modifying a pattern for QOV. I was working on the stars that are in the quilt. I have a few flying geese. The pattern called for 14 sets. But that only gets 7 blocks when it needs 14 blocks. So, I need to figure out how many more I need to cut out and do. I figure I can get these done and see what I need. Then I can cut the squares that go in the quilt. The strips are going to be Coast Guard fabric. I hope it works out. I can hope.

Then I came back upstairs to work on the beading.


Sophie decided since I was working on beading at the table, she would take over my chair. Every chance she gets, she sleeps in my chair while I'm around. At least she fits in the chair!


I have 6 rows done now. It doesn't look like much, but it's coming along. Sharon called to tell me it didn't work for her. I was surprised because it's working great for me. I like the way it's coming along.

Now I'm trying to plan my days to be able to do some piecing with some beading or cross stitching. If I do it right, I should be able to get more done all the way around. THEN AGAIN, we know how my best laid plans go! I can hope I can do this.

It was bowling night tonight. We won all 4 games! It wasn't easy! I bowled a 157, 192, 186 - so I'm very happy with that. If I could do the first game over, I would. But I'm glad I'm picking it back up. Patrick beat me by 30 pins, but we tied the last game. I beat him the 2nd game. He kicked my rear the first game.

I enjoyed being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...