Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Day To Relax.....I "Sort Of" Did......

Not having to get up before 7 am is nice. Next week I won't be so lucky. I seriously need to get out and walk more! I checked my walking and it's all the way down to 3,500 step. Not good.

I was so glad to finally have a day to myself. I could have gone to the Mt. St. Helens quilt group meeting, but decided I wanted to enjoy the time to myself. I love being around quilters, don't get me wrong, but I also like to have a break from time to time. I had been none stop last week, into this week. So, today, I decided not to go anywhere.....oh, wait, I did go out....had to get my flu shot, so met Patrick at the fire station.

Went downstairs to work on the QOV quilt.....well, this was bugging me. Organizing is a good thing....IF one keeps being organized. I tend to stack piles. Then when I get tired of the pile or need to find something, I clean it up....not a good way to organize my stash.

So, I started organizing my stash. I rolled the fabrics on the empty boards. I at least got that mess on the first photo cleaned up and on the board. My counter looks a lot cleaner too.

Since I cleaned off my counter, I figured I could cut some more pieces for the 9 patches that goes around the quilt. I had some strips already together, so I cut them and had them ready to sew. I did get about 4 9-patches done. I will work on it more tomorrow....I hope. I do need to get it done and I also need to finish Katt's black and white quilt as well.

AND of course there is this stash. I really need to get moving and get them off my table. I will probably sew them up after I finish the other two tops. I'm probably going to use my black fabric to get this all together. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as a pattern.

I finished the sunflower petals on this block. I have more petals to do before I give it over to mom to finish. She's got the leaves, acorns and stems. I need to iron the block, as the fabric on the pumpkin still has a crease in it. It will iron out just fine.

After sewing the 9 patches and just before going to get my flu shot, I baked a cake. It's the "marble" cake with chocolate frosting. It looks great! I even fixed the pork ribs in the crock pot so I could go to the fire station without having to worry about getting there with food cooking in the oven or on the stove.

So, even though it was a Relaxing Day, it was also a productive day. I got a lot done. I'm clad I finally took care of the fabric downstairs, as it was bugging me way too much. Right now the only thing bugging me is that stack of blocks on the table by the sewing machine. That will be in do time. That's why its called Happy Quilting!

Always Enjoy Being With Good Friends

Today was our BFF meeting day. Brazilian embroidery day. I had it here because Pat wasn't coming and she's the one that opens the ch...