Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Busy Days Going Into Not So Busy

Today started out very early. I hate to leave right after Patrick this morning. Got to Art's place and took him up to Olympia for his eye appointment. While I was waiting I pulled out my circles that I'm working on for Donna.


I was so ticked! I left my thread behind!! I could have finished these if I would have had the thread!! When am I going to be better prepared?! This is the handles of Donna's baskets. This is a miniature quilt that she's doing for the shop.

After the appointment, I took Art to Costco so he could update his membership and get a few things. I didn't buy a thing! What a surprise!! I can't shop without coming home with something, just ask my family. We then went out for lunch. He likes to take me out to lunch for a thank you.

I dropped him off and headed to see mom. She was working on a quilt for my niece's son. We worked on the design for our class. We will be teaching needle turn applique at Rita's shop - Whalen Quilt Works. We went to the shop to see if we could get fabric for the kit. Since the previous own seems to refuse to take her stuff out of the shop, poor Rita is having to wait for her to "move out." So the fabrics where not at the shop yet. We will go back on Monday to get the fabrics and start working on the sample.


I picked out the fabrics to do a sample for the 2 fabric applique quilt. I'm going to teach a class on how to do the 2 fabric applique that Nancy Chong designed. I found a couple other patterns that Nancy has. I'm going to do the Cat Nap and the Dog one when they come in. I love doing these. I laughed at Rita because I tend to make them and give them away. I only have one that I made. The others where given away. This one will be in the shop. I'm going to try and get started on this quilt tomorrow. The sooner I get it done the sooner I can get the class going. We are going to have kits ready as well.

Now I'm home, and thankful that the next two days will be here at home. I'm looking forward to working on my projects tomorrow. I will probably clean in the morning and then get moving on my projects. I need to finish up the QOV project as well. I'm thrilled I have the orange to finish up Katt's quilt. I've got more to do, and I'm hoping to get a lot done over the next few days. Next week will start being busy again. I just hope no emergencies come up between times. My Uncle and Aunt will be in town this week. Life is good, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...