Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Quilting Day....Finally!

Today was started as usual with a morning walk. After walking, came home and sat down with Charlie on my lap. We had a great day enjoying each others company. At least that lasted in the morning.


I finished this quilt top last night. I'm thrilled to have it done!


I spent the afternoon with basting the quilt and started quilting! I went and worked on picking stuff up around the house, to break up my sitting all day long. I did go through the TV "On Demand" to see what I haven't seen in awhile. I ended up watching three or four different "cop" shows while quilting. I must have watched 7 episodes in all.


Since I like to start in the middle and work my way out, I started on the wings. I let it "tell" me what it wanted. I was surprised at how quickly I could finger out what I wanted to do in that area. I tried to make this look a little more like double wings.


After doing the wings. I went for the head. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the head, so I quilted two lines across the head. After finishing it, it reminded me of Ninja Turtles. lol  Oh, well. It works.


I also did the cat tail. It's a little different, but it should work. Not sure if I will quilt the back ground. I'm thinking of doing cross hatching the border area. I haven't gotten there yet, so I will wait till I do. I am just now starting on the right wings of the bigger Dragonfly.

I enjoyed the peace and quiet today. I was surprised at how slow the day seems to be. Usually the day goes so fast, I can't seem to get anything done. Today, I was thrilled at what all I could get done.

I was making sure I got up and moved around because my back doesn't do good when I sit or stand all day. I won' be doing my exercises today, but I will be doing my bowling. Hopefully I'll do pretty good tonight.  I'm looking forward to getting better games then I had this weekend.

Katt will be here this weekend, and then gone again. I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

I did sign back up for Ancestory again, as I need to see if we can find a few family members outside the USA. I got the world discount they had. I do that for a few months at a time, then I drop membership till it goes down in price. This time I decided to get the world because I'm in need of checking Canada and Europe for family members. It gets harder when I'm in the 1600-1700's in the US. More stuff gets added and more information gets found.

Okay, time for bowling.....as long as I don't fall on my face! I'm still having fun quilting! I need to get some stuff done and now that the weather is getting cooler, I'm getting there. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...