Thursday, September 3, 2015

On My Mark, On My Set....Go!

Today was a great day! Did my usual walking with Ruth first thing in the morning.

I played games for a very short time this morning - unusual for me. I tend to keep playing and before I know it, it's noon. Today I had Charlie on my lap, and played till she got up. She moved around 9:30 this morning. I was working on laundry as well. When she decided to go outside, I pulled out the Dragonflies in Flight" 2 Fabric Applique Quilt.


I took over the dinning table. The lightbox is on the right of the photo. I marked the top fabric. It went pretty quick and was easy enough to do.


I had taped the pattern to the fabric. I like to use painters tape when I do. It makes it easier to save my patterns. I like to keep my patterns liking new. I hate it when it gets messed up with food or other stuff. I'm very picky about my patterns and books. I hate it when someone uses their nails on my books! If it's a book I know I will us, then I get the binding fixed so I can open the book fully. When I do that, then I don't mind. When it's a new book and one I like, don't even think of messing wih my book! (smiling)


My next step was to baste the areas to show me where to cut.  I used orange as my basting thread. It's very hard to see on this photo, but it is there. I realized I should have used a darker thread for basting, but then as long as I can see it, it works. I have a little more to do, then I can get started on the cutting and applique. I'm thinking it's going to be two sessions for the class. The first will be marking and basting this down. The second will be working on the cutting and applique work. I'm keeping notes to see what parts to keep an eye out for. I'm actually getting excited about teaching this class. I just hope I get people that want to take the class.

Tomorrow Patrick is taking the day off. Not sure what we will be doing. It will be interesting.

Tonight is Seahawk night. We will be watching the game! As for Tom Brady, I disagree with the courts and think the courts should have stayed out of it. Then again, he's not on my team so I really don't care!

My son has my car. He's car is misbehaving, so needs to go into the shop. In the meantime he's borrowing mine. I'm going to miss that car! lol But then again, it's a good excuse to be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...