Monday, October 9, 2017

A Full Day Of Bowling (Yesterday)

I woke early to get ready to meet the gals at our usual place. Patrick got up after I did. He always takes me to the pick up point. We car pool. I don't drive because they live a little more south of the area then I do.

We had a good ride down to St. Helen's OR. I didn't realize it till after we got down there, that we had to go through Rainier, OR to get to St. Helen's OR.

We arrived on time with a few minutes early. The bowling alley forgot we were going to be there, so we needed to try to be done by 1 pm if possible.

We started bowling and I bowled a 127. That ticked me off, so I called Patrick and wanted to see what he thought I should do. I tried everything! OR at least I thought I had. He told me to move 2 boards over and move my mark 2 boards over as well. I said, "I did that!" Then when I when I went to bowl, I did what he said. Danged if that wasn't what I needed to do!! Then I bowled a 199 and a 177.

After bowling we went out to eat lunch - at 2 pm! We stopped off at Taco Bell. We sat and ate there. On the way home, we come to Longview where Virginia and I asked about DQ! We wanted some ice cream, after hearing it from Theresa. We stopped off at DQ in Longview and had a great chat. We were laughing half the time. We had such a good time that we didn't realize it was 4 pm when we left the area.

We met up with Patrick around 4:45 pm. By the time I arrived home, it was 5:15. That didn't give me much time for anything.

It was time for bowling. We headed over to the bowling alley. We were setting up to bowl. The other team hadn't arrived yet, so we did the practice. Then they arrived. They were able to practice for a little bit, but then had trouble sticking. So, I went to the desk and asked them to wipe down lanes. Well, they put alcohol on the lines which made it even more sticky! Even I had a hard time, so I put some powder on my shoes and the "wife and mother" started barking about how my putting stuff on my shoes was bad for everyone! She "bitched" & "bitched" about it, till I told her I wiped it off. That was the beginning of a very bad night. I couldn't believe the tension in there! I wanted to do the scoring and when my team mate got it and gave it to me, I was informed they were keeping score. I told her because she wasn't bowling, that she couldn't do that. I was team caption and I would do the scores. I was yelled at and was told "YOUR A PIECE OF WORK!" My reply was, "Yes, I am." I gave them the score board because her husband on the team said he was team caption and he gives her the right to do the score board and to give it back to her. I tried to tell them that's not how it works, but they started to tell me "F** off." So, I gave it to her. I bowled a 182. More tension went on through the night and I was not doing so good at calming down. I bowled a 119, and a 136. Patrick did a lot better. He's used to tension at work. The other bowlers got into it with Theresa, and the young gal bowling (19-22 in age) told Theresa (secretary) to "grow up." One does not tell Theresa to grow up! She turned around and informed them that they all were causing problems and that if they didn't straighten up, they would be asked to leave. After we finished bowling, I received a text stating "THEY QUIT!" I was thrilled. I told everyone last night I would not bowl with that team again. I guess they have been a major problem for our league since they joined in Sept. I had not see so much rudeness or foul language from a young person as this one! I was so shocked that the mother was part of the problem as well. They would sit there laughing at us, no clue why. They would look at one of us, turn around and start laughing. Reminded me of bullying! I was so shock an adult was asking like a 5 year old!

So, needless to say, I did not have a good time bowling last night. I hope I can have fun next week, but I'm going to feel weird going in there, or bowling against another team that is new. UGH!

I'll stay with my crafts and be Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...