Saturday, October 7, 2017

Tried Something Different Today

This morning I woke to find Patrick on the couch. Guess my allergies were making me snore all night. Poor guy!

Today was a good day for enjoying the day at home. Patrick worked out in the garage. He was cleaning up his golf clubs that he bought. Come to find out, he got a couple clubs that were $250 clubs. So, I guess one can say he did pretty good looking for clubs.

While he was out there, I was in here working on laundry and decided to bake some bread. I wanted to try something different with the sour dough. I used the bread machine this time to knead the bread. It actually did a good job of kneading. I was really surprised. It still came out "sticky" and was easy enough to shape. I made two batches. One was the whole wheat and the other was regular white. I did put some "old" yeast in the dough to see if that would help a little. I know that's not how sour dough is supposed to be done. But it actually helped a little.


This was done the regular way and the other batch (forgot to take a photo) was done in the cast iron pan I have. It turned out good too. Patrick thought it was light like angle food cake. I was surprised to hear that.

While they were baking, I worked on my cross stitch. I'm getting the itch to start something new, but I know I have a couple things I need to do first.


The leg is coming along pretty good. It's going pretty fast when I can work on it. I've been trying to get more done, but I can't seem to sit down and work on it. It's either too busy or I'm at the stage of wondering what I want to do next. Hate that.

I got my fabrics from

I love the colors! Can't wait to see what will work with these!

We went out to eat and I was surprised at how I didn't eat much. I brought most of it home. Patrick will have something for lunch tomorrow when I'm off bowling for travel league.

Life is good, I'm having fun! Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...