Thursday, September 20, 2018

Got Back To Working On My Hawaiian Quilt

This morning I was up and out the door to moms. Stopped and got us both a Chai Tea. Then went to moms. We then went to "The Gathering Place" to get together with quilters. The funny part was, they forgot to put it in the calendar for the community. So, it was just mom and I, with one other person. We cut out my Hawaiian quilt top, that we worked on before Dad went into the hospital. Actually, now that I think of it, it was while he was in with his knee. So, he never did get to see what we planned for our next Hawaiian quilt. The fabric in mine, is the fabric my father bought me about 10 years ago. It was expensive.

So, we cut out the top Hawaiian. Now we will just need to pin it to the background and baste it so I can applique. That quilt will be for my dad.

Mom had her top ready to cut, but decided today that it wasn't the right color and didn't work on white. Which meant that she needed to get another color. She had green. She pulled out another green that we will need to sew, iron, and fold to get ready for her. The cutting was a pain. My scissors were not very good for cutting 8 layers. Moms scissor were a lot better. I couldn't understand why they didn't work right. Then I realized I have a family that always liked to use them. Oh, well. May get another pair of scissors for next time.

Came home and relaxed for a bit.


I did get to work on the last 3 flowers clusters. I'm happy to say it's now close to being finished. I have to add the beads, and then it's DONE. I love the way it looks. I don't think I've enjoyed a piece as much as I have this one. There were so many different stitches in this that I learned a lot. I love the way it looks.

That's what we call Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...