Thursday, September 27, 2018

I Can't Believe What I Did Toda

This morning was getting up and going to collect mom for our quilt meeting. It was the applique group's meeting today. I stopped at McDonald's and got two lg ice tea for our meeting.

I stopped at Art's to help him with his jacket. He had velco he wanted to add to it, because the snaps where not working. So, I got him all set up to be able to wear his coat again. It's one of his favorites and he know I can figure out how to fix things. Then I went to moms.

She wasn't ready to go, but she wanted to go. So, we fixed lunch to take with us. Then we waited on mom to get ready to go. I was there about 45 minutes before she was ready. We went to Rita's shop and met up with the other gals. Some only come once a month. It was good to see them. We had a good meeting and I reminded them about the Quilts of Valor group meeting next week. I hope we have group status by then.


I was able to work on my flower piece. It's the Garden one that everyone did a block for me. Mom was getting her's started and telling everyone that I gave her the harder one of them all. She was not happy that she was working on this. If I had known she would take that attitude I wouldn't have given it to her. She actually wanted to help me out, now she makes it sound like it was a lot of trouble for her to do it.

We stayed till about 1:30 pm. While we were there, a gal called from the Senior's Thrift Shop asking if she knew anyone that did cross stitch or embroidery. Rita said, "Hold on, I'll let you talk to Lynn, she does that." I had no clue what they were talking about. I did talk to the gal, and she told me they got a box of fabric that she didn't want to have to mark to sell. She wanted to know if I knew anyone that would be willing to buy it all and take it from her. I told her I would meet her at the shop, and she said, "No, I have it at my house, can you come over." So, I said I would. I took mom home and headed to her house.


There is yardage of each of the fabrics! There is WAY too much for me. When I got there, she told me she had way too much to price. She wanted me to take everything. I said I would take some of it, but she ended up boxing everything up and giving it to me! I made a donation to the Senior group, and now I need to go through this and sell some of it. I can't use all this! So, if your interested in any of this let me know. I will be posting some of this for sale soon. She told me that the gal in Longview donated all this because she used to own a craft shop. So, there are prices and list of what it is. I'll be working off the prices and cut the price in half if not more. It would be nice to get some of my money back for what I bought. I have more on my table, so this isn't it all.


This is one of the pieces I have. This looks to be about 3 yards worth. I didn't measure but I will tomorrow. There are about 3 different kinds of this type of fabric. Really pretty stuff. I had to get Patrick to bring the fabric in from the car.

After all that, and my brain is telling me to go down and clean my room......I'm still thinking of what I'm going to do with all that stuff! UGH!

I did start working on the sourdough bread. I have it proofing in the kitchen till tomorrow.

So, it looks like tomorrow will be the day for cleaning and getting a few packages ready to sell. I'm going to try on Instagram first, then I'm going to post here. Hopefully someone would like to have some of this stuff at a good price.

In the meantime, stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...