Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Meeting To Get A QOV Group Here In Lewis County

This morning I enjoyed the morning to myself. I thought about what I SHOULD be doing, but didn't do it. You know those days when the ideas and plans are there, but not in the mood to do it. Well, that was me.

It was time to meet Faye at the Veterans Museum to see if we could have our meeting and celebrations of QOV there. It was an awesome meeting. Chip was game from the beginning! I was so thrilled he liked the idea of having us give the quilts out to Veterans. He said he even has a place were we can hold the quilts till it's time to give them out. We have some in the Olympia group that are from this area, and we will get that list from the National Foundation. Faye and I filled out the form and I've got it going in the mail tomorrow. We should be a group by next week. We will be having our meetings once a month at the Museum. There we will decide on how many quilts we have, who's to be awarded, and hopefully we will get more members so we can get more done. We need to get donations, but we don't want to take away from the Veterans Museum. We'll work on it. I think we can get some for a couple businesses. So far there are 3 of us in the group. Not sure who the third one is, but hopefully we will have more. We are excited and talked about what we can do for the labels and getting the fabric for the backs and batting. We're on our way. The first meeting is Oct 3rd, at 10:30 am.

Then I went to see how mom was doing. She was upset about something that happened and I went over after to see if she was doing okay. She talked to hubby and he calmed her down. Nothing major but it could have been if things were different.

I got home around 3 pm and then I worked on my bookkeeping. Once that was done, Patrick was home and I didn't do any crafts today. I'm okay with that. Life does get in the way. So, in the meantime, I can dream of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...