Monday, December 24, 2018

All Day To Myself On Christmas Eve

This morning I was up early. Just because. Patrick had to work so it was just me all day.

This was actually the first or second time I've had Christmas Eve by myself. I think the first time was the year after Patrick and I were married. But then I think I spent it with my brother and sister-in-law. I really don't ever remember having Christmas Eve to myself.

This year of all years and I was alone most of the day. Sophie kept me company. I did laundry and worked on my cross stitch while watching a lot of Christmas movies. I did cry during one of them. When the father walked the daughter down the isle. I wish I had that with my father. Patrick and I were married in OK and my family couldn't make it. He's family couldn't either, so it ended up just being my adopted grandparents and my brother and sister-in-law. If I could do things differently, I would have.

So, I enjoyed my shows.


By the afternoon I had this much done. I was please with myself. Half the time I was sitting with Sophie and keeping her company or the other way around. She wanted attention, so I gave it to her. I cried and she looked at me as if I was an alien from another planet. At least she didn't run away.


I actually had "UTUMN" on there, and then REMEMBERED I had to take part of the "M" out to get it to work right......SO, I ripped out "UTU" and part of the "M." It took a good hour to take it all out. I was so close! I was ready to do the "A" when I looked at the piece again and saw that I hadn't fixed my "M." Lucky me!!

I was taking all that out while Patrick and I were watching the Holiday Baking Show.

So, today wasn't all that bad. I got laundry done, washed the QOV quilt, and got a lot in on my cross stitching. I could of had a worse day.

Tomorrow will be just the 2 of us again. We haven't been the 2 of us for Christmas in 30 years. It wasn't easy back then, and I hope this doesn't became a trend, but it's looking more and more like it will. Sucks to grow old and have family too far to enjoy them. Yet I wasn't ready to travel several miles to my brothers place to spend it with them. I'm not there yet.

It was a good day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...