Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Cutting More Quilts and Bowling Today

This morning I sleep really well. I didn't even get up once last night.

When I did get up, I was enjoying the morning by playing a few games. I also got the kitchen cleaned up - unloading the dishwasher and putting away the breakfast dishes. I then walked in circles and tired to decide what do do. I wanted to work on my cross stitching, my black and white quilt, and I needed to get a few more quilts for QOV cut.

So, I went downstairs and turned the fireplace on. Came back up and finished folding the clothes in the dryer. Once all that was done, and the fireplace had time to heat up, I went down there. I pulled out the pattern I had to cut another quilt top. Since there is a couple different ways to put it together, I decided to cut 2 quilts out. I didn't do the borders, I'll probably have to figure those out later. I do have some fabric left over, but not sure how that will work out. May end up doing a different fabric for the border. It's hard to say so far.



This is 2 of the quilts that are ready to be sewn. One is under the other. It will be fun to see how they turn out. The amount of fabric it says one needs to make this quilt is wrong. I saved a lot of fabric by cutting some of the extras off the left over strips. I didn't have to cut 3 strips, just 2 strips. I found that it was easier to cut one at a time to see if I really needed that.


This is the 3rd quilt I cut out. It's a lot of strips with star blocks. The dark blue has eagles in the print. It's pretty and will be a little hard to have them all going the right direction. I'm not too worried about it. The first thing I'm going to do is sew the strips together. Then I'll get working on the flying geese. Those will be a pain, but they will be easy enough to do. I like the way it saves fabric, but I really don't like having to cut so much. I can get over it. 

For someone who hates to sew, I'm doing pretty good. 

After I came back up, Sophie was playing with her Christmas toy. She loves it. 

=

When she's not playing with it, she guarding it. It was a big hit and she kept us entertained all day yesterday. 

Then it was off to bowling. I did a little better, but still not great. I dropped another 2 pins in my average. We were fighting for last place! lol - I bowled a 162, 152, and a 154. At least I was over 150 - but still not happy with this. Dropped my average to 174. GRR Patrick bowled a 609 series. So, he did fine and he's back on track. I can hope!

I'm going to do my "to do list" for "Finish-a-long" to start the first quarter of next year. I really do want to have Katt's quilt done by then. That would be a good one. Then I have a few more to add to it. 

In the meantime, I'm planning to stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...