Friday, December 28, 2018

Spent The Day Sewing.....Yah I Know!

This morning I was up and being ignored by Sophie. Think she was still mad at me for yesterday when I wouldn't let her on my workstation.

I cleaned up the cat litter as well as mopped the floor and washing the rugs. I kept busy with a few things before going downstairs to work on two of the quilts I have cut and ready to sew. I'm not thrilled about the flying geese but I'm working on them.


I sewed all the strips - red, white, red - and have them ready for when I need to cut them. Then I pinned all the "flying geese" pieces together. This is the stack of both quilts. That's 24 sets.



I was able to get some of the sets sewn together. Only about 7 of them. Patrick came home early, but I stayed down there and finished sewing the all the seams. I quit at the point where I have to cut the fabric, iron, and then get the other sets ready to sew again. I'm not thrilled about flying geese. As soon as I can get all 48 (per set) done, then I'll be happy. I guess I'm at 96. It's taken me most of the afternoon to get this far, and we all know how much I HATE sewing. But we need 6 more quilts to be able to keep up with the requests.  Since all the others are enjoying the holidays, I've been trying to keep us on schedule. I just got another 4 requests since Christmas.

Hopefully I can work on them some more tomorrow. I would like to have a couple of them done by the 9th when I go up to see Sharon. 

So, the good news is that I was actually Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...