Thursday, December 27, 2018

Was At Mom's Today

This morning I had to be out of the house early to get to moms. I let her cleaning lady in. Then I went to the main office and talked to Sherri about getting Art a quilt for QOV. She said she will work on him for me.

I took my box of QOV fabrics and checked in with Georgie. She's been doing blocks for us. I love the blocks she's doing. She's been freaking out that they aren't good enough. She does an awesome job. I wish she didn't freak out so much because her work is so beautiful! I should have taken a photo of her blocks. I gave her more fabric to work on more blocks.

While I was there at moms I cut out the quilt that Whalen Quilt Works donated to us. I'm thinking we might keep the 5 yards of fabric for another quilt. I really don't want a seam on the back of the quilt. I'll talk to Suzy and see what she thinks. I have the quilt all cut out and ready to sew. I'm not going to sew this one! That stupid 7/8" has got me all messed up! I even messed up on the new fabric I bought to replace my last goof! So, I've made it so we can use both fabrics. There is plenty to do that. Any extra fabrics can be used in a scrap quilt. I'm okay with that. I brought the squares for the stars and the big block for the eagle. I'm still going to change the design of the eagle. I don't like the head, so I'm going to see what we can do to change it.

After all that, I stopped off at the Veterans Memorial Museum to make sure we were ready for the 2nd. We will be having our presentation then. I wanted to know were they get the sandwiches. They said they get them from the Chehalis Deli. I went there but they are closed till Jan 2nd.

Then I came home. I put everything away, and then sat down to enjoy some time with Sophie. I called Sharon to set up a date to go to her house and learn how to do the beading. Patrick got me 2 kits to do the beading. I'm really loving the ones he got me. We talked about the kits and she is going to check them out to see if I can do the beading style I like. The kits has them set for "4 squares" and I don't know if I want to do that. We'll see. She said that takes longer, but it's on top of each other. I like her style so we will see in January.

I will try and get some quilting done tonight. I'm going to try and get started on the quilt tops downstairs that are ready to be sewed. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can get more done. Tonight, I'm just not ready to get moving much. I really need to get Katt's quilt going, so I'm going to pull that out for now. - After I get my QOV information updated. Looking forward to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...