Saturday, January 5, 2019

A Day For Shopping And Then Sewing

This morning I woke both Patrick and myself up with snoring! I told Patrick to stay in bed and I'd get up. Which I did for about 30 mins, and then went back to sleep on the couch. He was up before me.

We got ready and were out the door in no time. We headed up to Olympia to do some shopping. We don't usually go shopping. It's not that we need to or even want to. But we hadn't been shopping for clothes for awhile. We went to JC Penney's to she if they had some good sales. They actually did. Some of the things I liked, they didn't have in my size which explains the clearance sales. The popular ones are gone, and that's usually my size. I did get a few things anyway. Then we walked around the mall. I was surprised at how much it changed. Plus there were a lot more people walking around there then I thought. Mall's today are going out of "style." This mall had plenty of people in it. Plus they had the animal scooters that children were riding around in. There were 2 children on one, but I never did see their parents around. We then went to Cabala's and picked up a couple sweat shirts. Once we were out of there, we came back to Centralia and went shopping down here. We went to the VF Factory Outlet. Bought some more clothes.

Then it was back home. Patrick heated up downstairs for me. Then I headed down there to work on the QOV quilts.


The first thing I did was cut the flying geese pieces to size. That took awhile, as I had to cut 96 total or minus the ones I did last night (not enough).

Then I got started on sewing the eagle blocks.


I was able to get 8 of them done.


This shows the difference in size. This is the 6" and 12" blocks that are needed. I have more to work on.


I was working on all the pieces, getting them ready for sewing.


When I finally decided to call it quits, I have a pile to iron tomorrow. That would get more done for tomorrow. I really don't too much to do now. I really am looking forward to putting all this together tomorrow.

I worked on these blocks while the game was going on. Seahawks were lucky to get as far as they did this year. It was a good year for them. Shame they couldn't pull it out.

Now I'm calling it a night. I was lucky enough (today) to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...