Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Day With Mom

This morning I was up and getting things ready to take to mom. I had all the QOV fabrics at the front door to get some kits done.

First I had a list of things that needed to be done first. I wanted to go to the bank to deposit money and check on the last deposit to see who I deposited checks for. I didn't have it right in my quickbooks. Then I had to go to the post office and get stamps for our water group. Next stop was Judy's to get the batting and backing for the quilts I'm working on. Actually one is done. When I was chatting with her, she said she didn't have enough backing to do any more then 4 quilt backings. I asked when they would be getting more and she said it wouldn't be till March. That won't work! So, I went to Whalen Quilt Works and picked up enough backing to get at least 5 more quilts done. Told her if we need more to let me know and I'll go to Whalen's again to get more. Took what I bought to Judy and then went to get lunch for mom and I. I arrived early because she wasn't home yet. She was expected at noon. I was 20 mins early. So, I got started in cutting some binding strips for Ethel. That way she can decide what she wants to bind the quilts with.

Mom got home and we had lunch. After lunch we went into the quilt room. There we went through the fabrics. We pulled out a few fabrics and started cutting for a quilt. We had a lot to pick from. I even printed out more quilt patterns. We got the kit done that I had worked on but didn't have the background. Mom cut the background fabrics and that quilt top is ready to sew. Then we started cutting another quilt top. We decided on different reds to get rid of the small pieces I have.

We finished another kit. We are now at 3 quilt kits. I have more to cut out and will work on another one tomorrow.


We organized the colors and was able to put them in the tubes. I was able to get the tube looking good.


Still had some left overs. Once of the bags has scrap pieces and one of the bags (inside the big bag) has more smaller pieces that we can use in a quilt. The box inside the bag is a box FULL of 2 1/2" white and off white fabrics. I'll see if I can get some 2 1/2" squares cut from the scraps. I'll work on it.

Came home and just decided to play. I haven't touched anything tonight. We were so busy cutting fabrics today that I wanted to enjoy doing "nothing" when I got home. Thought about doing my beading, but that didn't go very far.

I'm happy to say it was a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...