Thursday, January 31, 2019

A Day Beading

This morning I was up and ready to go. I go a load of laundry in before I left the house. I couldn't believe I was up at 5:30 am. I played a few games. Then I got the laundry in. I also got my stuff ready to go. I checked off my list of things to do.

I stopped off at Chehalis Deli to get lunch for Sharon, her "other half" and myself. I headed down the road to I-5 to head up to Olympia. I was surprised at how quick I got up there. It was about 35 mins. I will have to keep that in mind the next time I head up there.

We checked out my patterns. She loves all of them. Found out her eye sight has been getting worse but she still loves to do beading. Think I got her interest back up. We were talking about the beads and the other items. It took awhile before she started to teach me the peyote stitch.


She had her beads and pulled them all out. We started stitching. I was amazed at how easy this stitch is compared to the other one I'm doing (see below). I love this stitch! I will work on a bigger piece after I get the cats ornament done. This was one of the pieces. I want to do the Snowman next. That will cost me a LOT for the beads, so will wait and see that.

Yea, I know, I'm off on another craft! NOT like I don't have anything else to do. I still have the quilt that needs to be done by March....yeah, I know, I'm stalling.....but I really have wanted to learn beading for most of my life and to finally learn it....well, I'm off again. I have the cross stitch that needs finishing......but my brain wants to go and work on beading.....oh, crap, here I go again....off on another track.......HELP!

On top of all that, I came home, fixed supper, and then I was beading.


I want to finish this so I can get moving on the other beading work. It's coming along, but one can't really tell that's a bird! I'm working on it and I have been trying to see if it will look like a bird. We'll see.

Then I placed an order for the beads I need for the cats ornament. It will be interesting.

So, at least today was a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...