Friday, January 4, 2019

Hope This Isn't How My Year Will Go

This morning I was able to sleep in, and sleep in I did. Then I really didn't want to get up.

Once I was up, I called the doctors office where my doctor was going. When I finally (after leaving 3 message over the past month) got a live person. She informed me that my insurance wasn't covered with them and that my doctor is working for this doctor and I need to go back to the place were she was to get another doctor. I informed her that I didn't want to do that. She pretty sounded like they were not happy about my doctors old patients coming over with her. Now I have to find another doctor. I was not happy about it, and it took me all morning to calm down. It's hard to loose a doctor that figured out what all those other doctors couldn't. Now I'm having to start over. What a pain.

After I finally calmed down and quit looking on the web for another doctor, I went downstairs to work on my quilts for QOV. I sewed the flying geese that I had pinned and ready to go......


I had all 48 of them sewn....then I started to cut them out.......WRONG SIZE!! I picked up the wrong blocks to sew them together! I ended up cutting more 3 1/2" squares to make up for the mistake I made. Then I also had to replace the white that I had. I ended up cutting another 12 squares 6" to be able to do the flying geese again. (The stack above my mistake)


Then it was time to start over. I marked the blocks and go them ready to sew.


Patrick came home early, but I stayed downstairs working on this. After supper he wanted to go out and get a banana split - I couldn't pass that up!! Plus that was my only bright star today so far! So, we went to Centralia, got our banana split and came home. I went back downstairs to try to get where I was before I found the mistake. I was able to get them done. Now I just need to cut them out. I'll finish that tomorrow. I'm just glad I was able to get this far.

Sat and watched TV with Patrick around 8 pm. I just hope this isn't the sign of what this year is going to be like. I can't take the stress! I wish today could have been a better day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...