Tuesday, July 25, 2017

It's Another Hot Day.....

Today I was up and ready to go after Patrick left. I enjoyed my breakfast and then took a drive.

I went to McDonald's first, then went to the fairgrounds. Someone said they though they saw Kitty in that area, so I wanted to check it out. I took a walk around the fairgrounds, even calling to see if Kitty was there. While I was there, the K-9 police officers were coming from all over. It was amazing at how many police officers and dogs were lining up for the funeral of one of their K-9 dogs. The poor dog wasn't very old, and they were trying to figure out why he died so young. I still walked around the fairground and found no animal running around. Not even Kitty. I had a feeling it was a mute point, but I had to try. I know Patrick wants me to give it up, and I'm getting there. But at the same time, I'm going to try and found her. I don't want the 2 people that took her, to get away with it! I'm going to try and keep the posters going! Word is getting out and I'm wanting it to keep going till someone tells me who took her!

After I went there, I went over to Great Clips and got my hair cut. I even got her to do a braid for me. She told me it would cost $20 to get a braid and I told her I could do it later. She was kind enough to do it for me. I gave her a $5 tip for doing it.

Then I headed over to Michael's to pick up a couple floss. I needed more of the colors I'm doing on the Mirabilia piece. I forgot to take my list, so I thought I could remember the colors - yea, no! I was a number off on one, I didn't get the one I thought I did on another one, and I got completely different colors! Oh, crap. I'll pick them up tomorrow. I saw some art books and supplies, so I texted my son and asked if he wanted any that were $5. I bought him 2 books for his art work. I also picked up some pencils for him with some chalk and a few other things.

While I was at Michael's mom called. She had a deal on her clothing company in the email. She wanted me to come over and help her order her tops. Apparently today was the last day of the deal. So, I drove over and ordered her two tops (I got one too), and then found out that her "deal" was for yesterday, not today. But she still got a good deal with eBates. I've got $22.54 coming in the mail next month. I usually don't buy a lot, but it's nice to get a percent back when I do shop online. Check it out.

Came home and worked on my needle case. I sewed the bag on the inside as well as the needle list.  added the "D" rings and the ribbon that will be used to close it. I then took it over to Cherrill to show her what I did. she needs to do hers. Then I realized when I got back that I didn't take a photo of it! So, I'll have to show it later. I got the leaf that was given when I got the wool felt for the needles, ready to work on tomorrow. It's small and I can do that while waiting on dad in the hospital.

After all that, it was time for Patrick to get home with a pizza. Then I pulled my cross stitch out and worked on it.

I've almost got the bottom done. I have 200 more stitches along the bottom and then I'll have the bottom completed and work my way up. There is a lot of beading that goes on this piece. I ordered the beads and still waiting on them, as well as my Halloween fabric and pattern. I ordered those in May. But then it's hand dyed so I'm okay with it for now.

I still need to get some fabric for the Alaska piece I want to do. I'll see what I can do later.

I'm keeping up on my walking. I believe I'm about 1900 steps away from getting my 10,000 today. I'll take a walk again here in a little bit. I really do want to reach the 10,000 mark again today.

I got a pattern from ebay today that I ordered. I couldn't believe it was a paper pattern that was cut from a magazine. Oh, well. I wanted the pattern so won't complain too much, just need to pay better attention when it comes to it.

I'm still keeping up with my stuff. I'm taking the quilt and fabrics back to mom's tomorrow so we can work on it while dad's being operated on. He gets his knee replaced tomorrow. I'll be over there for quiet a while. Most of the time it's going to be boring, so I need to take a few things to work on while I'm waiting.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and let Kitty go, and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

Family Is Starting To Arrive

I just realized I hadn't posted yesterday. Funny how that happens. One minute I think I did, the next minute I realized I didn't. ...