Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Day With Friends At the Quilt Shop

Yet another day comes and goes.

After visiting with Cherrill, I headed to the quilt shop for our quilt meeting. Now that we are no longer part of The Applique Society, it was interesting to see only 4 of us show up. We pay $1.50 per person when we meet there. It's a little more than our membership would have been, but I'm okay with that.

I picked up some BE floss for my bird. Not sure I got the right color, but I think it's close. They are variegated colors.


I pulled out my "Francine" pattern from the Plant Your Own Garden quilt book. I think I need 2 more to finish and then it's done. This is one of my UFO's or WIP's. Depends on how you look at it.

With just 3 of us after about noon, I was able to sit and get some work done. I worked on it til about 1:30 pm. Then headed home. Dropped off a gift for Carol B., on my way home.


After supper I pulled out my block and decided I would finish it. Since there wasn't much to do, I wanted to get this block done and add it to the other finished blocks. I'm please to say, I finished a block. It's not a 2017 finish, but it's a finish in my book. I'll have to get the last two blocks ready for applique so I can have them ready to work on. I may yet get this done!

Now I'm going to try and get some cross stitch done. I hope to get more than 50 stitches in! lol

Life is good, and it's awesome to be around friends. Time flies and we're still here. Bless your pets, and hold them tight. Keep busy with being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...